The National University for Science & Technology, Sultanate of Oman is a Multi- campus multi faculty initiative offering a portfolio of programmes in the area of Engineering, Medicine and Pharmacy. The University has nearly 4500 students and 600 employees.
Job Title: Director of Teaching and Learning
Direct Reporting to: University Vice Chancellor
This position will ensure that the Quality of Instruction at the National University is of the highest standard for delivering an outstanding educational experience for our students.
- Formulate and oversee the implementation of the University’s Teaching and Learning strategy that is aligned with and enabling NU 5-year Strategic plan.
- Contribute to the review, development and modification of institutional strategies, policies and guidelines in innovative learning and instructional design (including online and blended delivery modes).
- Develop and facilitate professional development activities in the innovative learning domain for faculty, instructors and teaching assistants, providing mentoring and support as required.
- Support and facilitate faculty in the use of technology, software and mobile applications to successfully deliver online and blended learning.
- Advice on the infrastructure and facilities required for the innovative delivery of courses and programs (including, but not limited to, online and blended modes)
- Provide leadership in the development, coordination and implementation of the University-wide e-learning initiatives and joint projects with faculty for enhancing curriculum.
- Conduct the necessary scholarly activity and research to stay abreast of international developments in the field of innovative learning.
- Participate in university academic life through contributions to committees, working groups and other bodies
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Vice Chancellor.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION & REQUIREMENTS
EdD or PhD from an accredited university in instructional design, learning technologies, curriculum and instruction, learning and cognition, learning assessment and other related educational fields.
Minimum Work Experience
Ideally three years of proven successful experience within a center for teaching and learning (or similar environment) in higher education.
Languages & Skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken English & Information literacy
- Strong interpersonal, communication and managerial skills
- Experience in teaching (face-to-face, blended, and/or online) in higher education.
- Design and development of technology-enhanced, high quality blended and/or online courses.
We value your feedback on the quality of our adverts.
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please