|Salary:||£28,000 to £34,000 per annum, plus a £5k personal development|
|Placed On:||1st October 2020|
|Closes:||1st November 2020|
Vacancy terms: Full-time, fixed term contract for 24 months.
Salary details: £28,000 to £34,000 per annum, plus a £5k personal development budget.
Hours per week: 37.5
Advert closes midnight on: 01 Nov 2020
About the role
An exciting opportunity has become available for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Computer Science post-graduate to work closely with Financial Performance Solutions Limited in order to develop a real-time, cloud-based, AI-driven financial Reporting & Analytics Software system. This will involve developing innovative, new approaches to business intelligence re-porting optimised by distributed machine learning (DML), high performance data analytics (HPDA) & cloud computing techniques.
This position is a key role within a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) - a collaborative project between Financial Performance Solutions Limited and the University of Leicester.
What can you expect from this job?
• You will be responsible for leading and delivering a challenging and strategic R&D project that directly impacts the business, with the opportunity to be a champion of real change.
• You will receive input and support from an academic team with specialist knowledge and experience relevant to the project.
• We will provide a £5,000 training budget that is tailored to your personal development needs, along with two free residential management training courses at the beginning of the project.
• You will have the opportunity to deliver high impact outcomes within a business, whilst learning at the same time - a significant contribution to your long-term career progression.
Based in Derby, Financial Performance Solutions Limited specialises in providing business intelligence software reporting to the automotive indus-try (http://www.fp-solutions.co.uk/).
The Associate should have an MSc or a PhD degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics or a related area.
The Associate should have the following skill set:
• Practical experience of developing High Performance Data Analyt-ics (HPDA) & Distributed Machine Learning (DML) algorithms
• Strong programming skills in Java or C++
• Artificial Intelligence algorithms such as NN (Neural Networks) or CNN (Convolutional Neural Networks)
• Cloud computing based data storage & tools
• Confidence in programming high-level spreadsheets
• Data Integration techniques with respect to ensuring consistency between data sources
• Familiarity with Deep Learning &/or reinforcement learning is an additional advantage
• Familiarity with data analytics tools such as Hadoop, Spark & Deep Learning toolkits (such as TensorFlow or PyTorch)
• Ability to develop novel ML algorithms to extract information from multiple data sources
• Database Management tools & techniques such as SQL Server Ad-ministration & database management skills
• Familiarity with data reporting tools such as SSRS & the ability to develop reporting models to analyse & generate data from disparate data sources
It is essential that the Associate…
• has the ability to manage tight deadlines
• has good communication skills
• is responsible for thorough self-audit of solutions
• can empathise with customer needs
• understands change management
• has the ability to implement change
• has the ability to work as part of a team but also be ‘autonomous’
Type / Role: