Vice-Dean of Administration
- Location: Shenzhen - China
Internationally competitive remuneration
- Hours: Full Time
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Placed on: 16th February 2021
- Expires: 2nd March 2021
The School of Medicine of the Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) is positioned as a Shenzhen-based internationalized high-level academic medical school with an outlook towards China and the wider world and with the integration of science, engineering, medicine and humanities. Its mission is to foster medical experts with international vision and proficiency. The planned enrolment is 2,000 students. Before the official completion and usage of the School’s Teaching and Research Building, the 5th floor of Building B and the nearby special site on campus was temporarily set up as the venue for teaching and research. The future School of Medicine Building will be located on the campus of the university. The proposed construction site is located on the east of the campus, in the valley north of the Dasha River. The proposed site has an area of 56,553 square meters. In accordance with the overall positioning and development goals of the School of Medicine, the construction will be in line with the needs of modern universities for teaching, research and social services, in order to facilitate the development of the discipline and enrolment. With the integrity and sustainability of campus functions, the school will fully reflect the integration of medicine, international vision and Chinese characteristics and will be forward-looking, international and digital.
In terms of professional foundation, the school now offers the undergraduate major in "biomedical science", in which admission and teaching is being conducted regularly. In March 2019, the major of clinical medicine was approved and the first admission has been conducted and students were enrolled in the autumn of 2019. Majors such as intelligent medicine are being submitted for approval. On June 10, 2019, SUSTech and King's College London signed a joint preparation agreement, by which a joint medical school will be established in the SUSTech and the two sides will carry out in-depth educational cooperation in a number of medical disciplines. Through recruitment of top talents and focus on the integration of disciplines and innovations, education, research and personnel are connected to train first-class medical professionals and vigorously promote the development of Shenzhen in education, health care and life science. With first-class research outcomes and medical services in the world, the school will contribute to the international competitiveness of the Guangdong-Hong Kong–Macao Greater Bay Area.
In order to achieve these goals, the school, under the guidance of SUSTech and the leadership of its first dean, Xing Mingzhao, is actively forming a united, cooperative and vigorous team. Among the open administrative positions, the school intends to recruit a vice-dean in charge of research and graduate programs, a vice-dean in charge of undergraduate programs and clinical medicine teaching, and a vice-dean in charge of administrative management. Qualified candidates from home and abroad can apply for these three positions.
Vice-Dean of Administration
(I) Recruitment qualifications
- With enthusiasm for higher education and administration of the School of Medicine, good personal quality, lofty professional ethics and teamwork spirit, uprightness, professional seriousness, academic rigor, truth-seeking pragmatism, dedication, vigor and vitality, courage in work, strong administrative management capability, great enthusiasm and long-term vision for the administrative and logistical management in the School of Management;
- With background in administration; being familiar with administrative systems and methods, the characteristics of professional administration in medical schools, the basic situation of personnel management, financial management and student management in domestic universities; with international perspective, strategic thinking and in-depth insights.
- With long-term administrative experience in medical schools and universities at home and abroad preferably;
- Be able to work full-time; with full-time responsibility for administrative and logistical management for the school.
(II) Job responsibilities
- Under the leadership of the dean of the School of Medicine, the vice-dean shall assist the dean in taking full responsibility for the administrative and student affairs of the school, be responsible for the implementation of the resolutions and regulations on administrative work. The vice-dean shall lead and manage the office of the school, handle and draft all kinds of documents, coordinate and arrange meetings within the school, and contact various administrative departments of the university. The vice-dean shall assist the dean of the school in handling external affairs.
- The vice-dean shall be in charge of personnel management in accordance with SUSTech’s human resources management system, improve the school’s recruitment process of talents, collect recruitment needs, develop recruitment plans, and implement the recruitment and evaluation of talents. The vice-dean shall also be responsible for the coordination of the human resources of the school.
- The vice-dean shall be responsible for administration, such as the allocation and management of fixed assets and the management of official documents. He or she shall be responsible for the management of official seals, organization and arrangement of meetings and related activities of the school, taking and organizing meeting minutes. The vice-dean shall also establish an effective communication mechanism with the functional departments of the university and understand relevant policies on a regular basis.
- The vice-dean shall be in charge of logistics and infrastructure, coordination of all the logistical management of the school, and contact with the infrastructure departments for the construction of the building of the School of Medicine.
- The school will provide internationally competitive remunerations. The job responsibilities and specific remunerations of the recruited candidates shall be specified in contracts signed by the two sides.
- Resume; copies of the identification card or passport; copies of academic qualifications and diplomas;
- Recommendation letters by three peer experts and the contact details of the recommenders;
- List of research and teaching projects over the last five years, published papers, and award-winning outcomes; copies of research and teaching projects, as well as award-winning certificates;
- Proof of employment at important positions at home and abroad.
The candidate shall send the application documents to the recruitment email of SUSTech School of Medicine: firstname.lastname@example.org and the email shall be titled in the format of "Name + Post". We will strictly keep your documents confidential. For any questions, please contact us at tel: +86-0755-88018031 Contact: Ms. Wang
To apply to join our team, please click the apply link below and provide the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- PhD certificate
- Five published articles (Within the last five years)
- Executive summary of academic achievements & proposed research or work plan (1000 words)
- Letter of recommendation and the names and email addresses of 3 referees (university professors)