|Location:||Dubai - United Arab Emirates|
|Salary:||Competitive, Grade 8|
|Placed On:||24th March 2021|
|Closes:||22nd April 2021|
Birmingham International Academy
University of Birmingham, Dubai campus
Location: Dubai, UAE
Closing date: 22 April 2021
Summary of Role
Birmingham International Academy (BIA) oversees the delivery of International Foundation, pre-sessional and insessional (Academic English) programmes across Edgbaston and Dubai campuses.
Reporting to the Dubai Provost with a dotted line to the UK BIA Director of English for Academic Purposes, the post holder will lead on the development and delivery of all EAP programmes on the Dubai campus. This includes EAP modules for the International Foundation Programmes and Academic English support for all existing undergraduate and postgraduate students. Over time we expect to offer presessional English programmes on the Dubai campus which the post holder will also oversee.
This is a new role and an exciting opportunity to drive innovation and growth in our current portfolio of programmes and contribute to the next phase in the development of the Dubai campus. The post holder will initially be expected to manage a teaching load as part of the role and will also be responsible for line managing EAP staff in Dubai. The post holder will form part of the wider academic management team within the BIA, working closely with UK based Programme Managers to ensure Dubai programmes meet the high standards set whilst ensuring they are fit for purpose in the context of the Dubai operation.
• Educated to at least degree level and have significant relevant experience such that the tasks outlined in the job description can be carried out effectively
• A British Council-recognised qualification at the appropriate specialist level, i.e. MA in a TEFL/TESL/ELT-related area and/or A DELTA/Trinity Licentiate Diploma TESOL.
• Proven ability to devise, advise on and manage learning.
• Skills in managing, motivating & mentoring others successfully at all levels.
• Ability to design, deliver, assess and revise teaching programmes.
• Extensive experience and demonstrated success in developing appropriate approaches to learning and teaching and advising colleagues
• Experience and achievement in knowledge transfer, enterprise and similar activity that enhances the student experience or employability
• Ability to contribute to School/Departmental management processes
• Ability to assess and organise resources effectively
• Understanding of and ability to contribute to broader management/administration processes.
• Experience of championing Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in own work area.
• Ability to monitor and evaluate the extent to which equality and diversity legislation, policies, procedures are applied.
• Ability to identify issues with the potential to impact on protected groups and take appropriate action
In return, you will receive a competitive package and be a key part of an expanding and ambitious University as we develop our international reputation and global footprint.
This is a full-time post, based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
The University of Birmingham is an Athena Swan Bronze award holder and committed to providing a supportive work environment for our staff and providing equal opportunities in our recruitment process.
Further details relating to this position as well as our developing Dubai Campus can be found at http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/dubai/work-with-us/index.aspx
For informal enquiries, please contact Gareth Mainwaring, Director of Operations and Development - email email@example.com (Birmingham) and Professor David Sadler, Provost (Dubai campus) - email firstname.lastname@example.org (Dubai)
Type / Role: