|Location:||Dubai - United Arab Emirates|
|Placed On:||24th March 2021|
|Closes:||22nd April 2021|
Birmingham Business School
University of Birmingham, Dubai campus
Location: Dubai, UAE
Closing date: 22 April 2021
As a Senior Lecturer in Finance, you will make a substantial contribution to the management, development and delivery of teaching and assessment, whilst enhancing the student's experience and employability. Through excellent teaching, you will inspire students, and be informed by discipline-based research as well as contribute to the management and administration in Dubai. We are looking for candidates with teaching experience in the following areas related to Corporate Finance, Financial Markets, Corporate Governance, International Finance, Alternative Finance and Quantitative Finance. Post holders are also expected to supervise MSc dissertations.
As a Senior Lecturer in Finance, you are expected to lead and develop the MSc Financial Management Programme. As a Programme Director, you will work closely with staff at the Edgbaston Campus, UK, to lead on the development and delivery of the MSc Financial Management Programme in Dubai. In this role, you will contribute to the management, leadership, and enterprise activities of our Campus in Dubai.
• Normally, a higher Degree relevant to the discipline area (usually PhD).
• Demonstrated excellence in Learning and Teaching, and Management and administration.
Learning and teaching requirements
An excellent teaching profile and performance in terms of both impact and quality. Teaching quality demonstrated to be informed by an appropriate level of scholarship.
Evidence of success under the following headings.
• High national reputation for the development of teaching and learning excellence within the discipline
• Successful and sustained use of a range of appropriate teaching methods, and assessment strategies that promote high quality learning, including learning that is flexible, distinctive and current and stimulates learners’ natural curiosity.
• Significant and sustained contribution to one or more of the following: strategic development of new programmes, approaches to learning, the development of learning resources.
• High quality and sustained contributions to fostering excellence in teaching activities more widely, i.e. in the Department/School or College and/or externally.
• Mentoring and expert advice which develops the skills of colleagues in teaching and in fostering learning
• Sustained high value impact knowledge exchange and enterprise that is of manifest benefit to the College and University.
We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and will take flexible working option into consideration during the process.
Further details relating to this position as well as our developing Dubai Campus can be found at http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/dubai/work-with-us/index.aspx
For informal enquiries, please contact Professor Hisham Farag, Head of the Department of Finance - email firstname.lastname@example.org (Birmingham) and Professor David Sadler, Provost (Dubai campus) - email email@example.com (Dubai)
Type / Role: