|Salary:||£23,699 to £25,458 with potential progression once in post to £29,471. Band 500|
|Placed On:||31st August 2021|
|Closes:||20th September 2021|
Full time starting salary is normally in the range £23,699 to £25,458, with potential progression once in post to £29,471
Closing date – 20th September 2021
2 x positions available
We are a full-service agency at the University of Birmingham. The work we do is across a variety of audiences, numerous clients and sectors – not only education but also arts and entertainment, B2B, charity and construction.
We deliver high quality, innovative solutions across creative, design, digital, media and print.
This role is key to the agency’s success, developing multi-media creative ideas and content across a variety of disciplines to enable us to respond to a brief with the best solution and meet client needs now and in the future.
This role is responsible for producing engaging, quality content across a variety of media including digital, social media, basic film (e.g. talking head) and photography, motion and in print.
You will approach a client brief agnostically – understanding the brief and researching the audience to develop content that engages the audience and delivers on the objectives. This could be a great piece of brand work, a film, a digital solution, something for social media or a different solution. You may have a specialism in one area, but are also able to turn your hand and produce content across the range of multi-media.
With the support of seniors in Design, Digital and Media, you will work autonomously to develop and deliver on ideas.
You will be passionate about creative, digital media and technology, keep abreast of the latest innovations and trends, continuously develop their skillset and pro-actively put forward ideas to support clients’ challenges.
You will have strong communications skills, be able to effectively interpret briefs, and possess a positive and persuasive presentation style.
Level of knowledge and/or educational qualifications required:
• A qualification or work experience in Multi-Media Content Production (Creative, Design, Digital) e.g. apprenticeship standard Content Producer
• Proven skills in Graphic Design, Motion Graphics, Animation, Storyboarding, User Interface Design, including portfolio evidence of content production skills
• Good level of experience with industry standard packages. This includes Adobe Creative Cloud, Aftereffects, InDesign Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro, Acrobat and Presentation software, as well as Microsoft Office/PowerPoint to create, edit and post produce content and assets (this will include print design, animation, motion graphics, films and photography)
• Working experience with content management
• Knowledge of website interface design and usability, HTML, CSS, Dreamweaver
• Experience of Content Management Systems and publishing web content using a CMS
• Good understanding of web content accessibility guidelines (WCAG) accessibility regulations and creating with accessibility in mind so that all online content meets or exceeds AA legal accessibility guidelines
• A passion for creating content for creative and digital media and continuously developing knowledge and skillset
• An ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a team
• Strong spoken and written communication and presentation skills
• A strong work ethic to build and maintain positive relationships with the internal team and with clients
• Agile, pro-active, problem-solving attitude
Valuing excellence, sustaining investment
We value diversity and inclusion at the University of Birmingham and welcome applications from all sections of the community and are open to discussions around all forms of flexible working
Type / Role: