Fixed Term for 4 Years
Division: Navitas UK Holdings / University Partnerships Europe (UPE) Division, Oxford
Navitas is a global education provider with operations and partnerships in over 30 countries on four continents; our vision is to be the best education provider in the world according to our students, partners and people.
Navitas has been operating university programmes in the UK since 2000. The University Partnerships Europe (UPE) Division in Navitas runs academic pathways to degree programmes in partnership with universities in the UK and continental Europe.
We are seeking to appoint a Chair of the Board of Directors for Navitas UK Holdings (NUKH), the holding company for our UK Colleges. The Board:
- has oversight of the Company, including its educational outcomes, risk, control and accountability systems;
- sets the vision and strategic goals, in conjunction with the overall Group vision and goals;
- has one sub-committee, the Risk and Audit Committee, chaired by an independent Non-Executive Director;
- ensures, particularly via the Risk and Audit Committee, that the Company maintains financial viability and sustainability, including that it has sufficient funds for its ongoing operations;
- ensures that the Company continues to meet the requirements of relevant regulatory authorities and fulfils requirements of the Office for Students and the Higher Education Code of Governance.
We welcome applications from individuals with senior leadership and board experience, previous Chair experience is beneficial, but not required.
Our ideal chair will be student-centred, have an understanding and appreciation of the challenges facing Higher Education, have strong leadership and diplomacy skills and be capable and willing to hold the Board and executive team to account.
The Chair will:
- ensure effective governance at NUKH and provide leadership to enable the Directors to fulfil their duties
- liaise closely with Chair of the Risk and Audit Committee
- ensure that the executive team has the support, guidance and challenge appropriate to carry out their roles
- ensure the Board and the business are complying with relevant legal and statutory guidelines governing NUKH including regulatory bodies (e.g. Office for Students)
- ensure there is clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- oversee the financial performance of the UK governance group
- support executive leaders to analyse and manage risk across the organisation
- ensure the voices of stakeholders are heard
Essential Criteria for the role
- In-depth, participative experience of Higher Education/International Education
- Significant non-executive director and organisational leadership
- Experience of working collaboratively with executive leadership teams
- Strong capability in engaging with colleagues at all levels in the organisation
- Confident communication with strong advocacy and diplomacy skills
- Strong personal commitment to Higher Education
- Experience of fostering a positive culture and stewardship ethos
- Experience of strategy building and decision making
- Commitment to the Nolan Principles of Public Life
- Meet requirements of Fitness to Act as a Director
Along with the specific requirements outlined above, with the support of the Company Secretary, the Chair is expected to lead on a number of coordinated annual Board meetings (face-to-face/video conference) and commit to several ad hoc meetings throughout the calendar year.
- Knowledge of complex entity structures and understanding of a Group company context
Enquiries and applications, including both a covering letter and curriculum vitae should be sent to: HR.SharedServicesEU@navitas.com.
The closing date for applications is Friday 24th September 2021.
We value your feedback on the quality of our adverts.
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please