CASE is a global education not-for-profit membership association that advances education to transform lives and society. Advancing education in over 3,600 member institutions, CASE has more than 85,000 individual members in 82 countries.
Headquartered in Washington D.C., CASE works across all continents from its offices in London, Singapore and Mexico City and seeks to achieve a seamless experience for all its communities: particularly its members, volunteers, and staff. Its new strategic plan seeks to make CASE truly global. Working together across time zones and borders, CASE staff in all offices seek to make this ambitious One CASE aspiration a reality.
The Council for Advancement and Support of Education is the global not-for-profit membership based association dedicated to educational advancement—alumni relations, communications, development, marketing, and advancement services—who share the goal of championing education to transform lives and society.
To fulfill their missions and to meet both individual and societal needs, colleges, universities and independent schools rely on-and therefore must foster the good will, active involvement, informed advocacy and enduring support of alumni, donors, prospective students, parents, government officials, community leaders, corporate executives, foundation officers and other external constituencies.
Reports to: Deputy Director Europe
Matrix Manager: Senior Director of Marketing and Communications US
Contract: Permanent (with a probationary period of three months)
Pension: Contributory pension available
Additional Benefits: Access to an Employee Assistance Programme to support you with any work, personal or family issues. Interest-free Season Ticket Loan. Childcare Voucher Scheme benefits
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, but occasional extra hours required (to support delivery of programming). The pattern of hours may vary according to operational needs but start and finish times can be flexible in line with CASE’s alternate working arrangement policy. Generally, work will be carried out between the hours of 9.00-17.30.
CASE operates an Alternative Work Arrangements (AWA) policy, this provides flexible option working arrangements that help meet the challenges of balancing work and personal life while contributing actively to the priorities of CASE’s mission and elevating staff collaboration in a global workplace.
Please note currently During COVID-19, most CASE employees are working on a fully remote basis. A return to the office plan will be implemented from October.
Location: Office based in Central London. The role will commence as remote and there will be flexible arrangements made when a return to the office is possible. In person conferences are held in the UK and Europe and some overseas travel will be required (when permitted and considered safe for staff and participants).
Holiday: 20 days per annum, plus statutory holidays. Office closed between Christmas and New Year and for additional two days at at the Easter break, which is not included in your annual holiday entitlement. Total leave days 25 (including extra days Christmas and Easter. 5 additional days leave are awarded after 5 years at CASE.
ABOUT THE ROLE
To lead the development of a marketing strategy for the Europe region and manage regional marketing and communications content and campaigns to build awareness of CASE in the sector, drive membership engagement and growth, grow revenue, promote our education programmes and products, and provide informative and thought-leading communications for all our members.
This role requires someone who can think both strategically and creatively to coordinate, calibrate and evaluate global and regionally produced CASE content and campaigns to drive membership engagement and the CASE brand in the Europe region. The role requires a strong grasp of developing content strategy, building relationships and utilising analytics tools to develop key communications to the CASE membership.
You will need to be well organised and self-motivated and be a real team player to build and strengthen relationships across our global network.
- Oversee all CASE Europe marketing and communications activity – to include both the calibration of globally-produced content & campaigns and the commissioning and development of nuanced regional content & campaigns - to achieve strategic and operational objectives.
- Ensure that activity is delivered in a strategic, co-ordinated, and impactful way by working closely internally with the membership, educational programmes, research, and business development teams, with the global marketing team in Washington DC, and externally with our volunteers.
- Lead regional marketing strategy for the promotion of CASE conferences, products, and services, including input to the creation of messaging and creative elements.
- Create engagement strategies including target audience analysis and continued behavioural tracking, adjusting as needed to achieve stronger ROI.
- Work in collaboration with other regions globally and advise the Executive Director and Deputy Director of the Europe office in London on key communications for the sector.
- Lead and develop marketing plans for key Europe research projects for example CASE Ross Survey and DEI&B survey
- Work with the global content team in Washington DC to identify, commission and develop European content for global communication channels e.g., Currents Magazine.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and members to gain insight to help produce content showcasing Europe members and volunteers e.g., CASE Faces.
- Oversee and liaise with colleagues in the US on email campaigns to promote CASE’s value proposition, products, and brand. Liaise with marketing and communications colleagues in all regions to cross-promote CASE Global products.
- Develop content to promote relevant content and membership benefits to the Europe region and benefits including Graduate Trainee Scheme, CASE-Ross, CASE Member Engagement sessions (CASEtogathers)
- Develop content for the creation of membership engagement newsletters and communications including non-member prospect membership engagement to promote member benefits and support membership retention targets.
- In collaboration with global digital communications staff, direct European content promotion in digital channels such as social media, e-newsletters, and personalised emails to create messages that align with the marketing strategy for the region.
- Responsible for media monitoring for the Europe region
- Evaluate the effectiveness of marketing efforts. Participate as necessary in analysing market research, web analytics, and other data to determine audience preferences.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, publications, or related engagement field; at least 4-6 years of hands-on experience of market or audience engagement and development with demonstrated results.
- Experience in digital platforms and or digital certification a plus.
- Experience working in a content development, market development or communications role
- Experience of working at a senior level and with volunteers or key stakeholders
- Experience working strategically and coordinating multi-channel marketing and communications campaigns to drive sales for membership and events/customers and services
- Experience of working with third party designers and contractors to create engaging material to support our member engagement programmes and benefits
- Understanding and experience of utilising digital channels to reach different audiences
- Work to tight deadlines with excellent time management and prioritisation skills with ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong organisational skills, analytical and logical nature
- Ability to build relationships and to work collegially and inclusively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proven copywriting ability
- Experience of using a CMS web administration system or similar
- Experience of using email marketing software (Informz or similar)
- High level of IT systems and good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Database Management
- Strong eye for detail and concern for accuracy
- Able to build strong relationships with internal teams and external agencies to deliver campaigns whilst supporting budget management, monitoring quality, and delivering on time
- Experience of communicating effectively with people of all levels and work well as part of a team.
Desirable Skills and experience:
- Experience of working in Education, membership association or not for profit sector
- Project management certification a plus
- Experience of advancement, philanthropy, or supporter relations fields
- Professional diploma in Marketing or Communications from Chartered Institute of Marketing, Chartered Institute of Public Relations, or similar
- Ability to speak other languages
- Demonstrable interest in education and for the mission of CASE
- Strong commercial, market-led approach
- Ability to work as part of a team in an inclusive and collegial way
- Ability to make decision utilising evidence and to work on own initiative
- Readiness to work unsocial hours on occasion (e.g., over weekends at conferences)
- Understanding of the importance of diversity, equality, inclusion and belonging and the value a diverse culture brings to an organisation
First stage interviews will be held between October 26th & 28th, 2021.
Final stage interviews planned for the week starting November 1st, 2021.