The principal is head of the faculty and administrative teams responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the College. Coordinating staff schedules, overseeing the development of curriculum, and enforcing College procedures and policies. Responsible for fostering and maintaining a clear vision for the future of the College, working in conjunction with the Creative and Financial Directors and reporting back on any progress or fundamental suggested changes. As Principal you will assess teaching methods, monitor student achievement, facilitate, and oversee the liaison and relationship with De Mont Fort university, revise policies and procedures, hire and evaluate staff, reporting to the Directors on quarterly budgets and oversee all facilities.
- A track record in excellent pedagogy, teaching, learning, and training within a discipline relevant to PPA
- Experience in curriculum review and innovation
- Demonstrable commitment to and experience of working with students
- Understanding of digitalisation, technology-enabled learning, and its transformative potential for campus-based learning environments
- A Master’s degree is desirable but not essential
Leadership and management skills
- Ability to provide academic leadership to PPA
- Strong strategic leadership and the ability to develop, articulate and sustain a shared vision
- A proven capability of leading, managing, motivating, and developing faculty and related support staff
- Capability to work effectively and collaboratively with senior colleagues and within university systems and decision making as part of a management team
- Excellent financial, planning, and organisational skills and understanding of modern management techniques
- Ability to scan and pre-empt future industry needs and the College’s response
- Excellent sectorial knowledge and an understanding of the strategic challenges facing drama schools and the wider higher education sector
We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities.
- Excellent communication skills with an open style which inspires trust
- Commitment to and promotion of equity and inclusion and a proven track record of driving inclusive and anti-racist culture in an organisation
- Commitment to align with the mission, vision, and values of PPA
- Reporting to the Business Directors monthly with an overview of the College progression
- Supervise and lead all staffing teams – Faculty and Administrative
- Be responsible for curriculum developments and adjustments working closely with the Course Leaders and Academic Leader, this will include timetabling and approval of freelance staff members
- To hire, mentor and evaluate all staff members working within the parameters of the staffing budget, this will include being responsible for staff training.
- Ensuring an excellent standard of facilities and teaching are delivered to all cohorts across all courses and ensuring QA standards are met
- To be responsible for ensuring all College policies and procedures are up to date and adhered to by both staff and students
- To be highly visible and interactive in all College activities
- To be responsible for ensuring the student and staff disciplinary process, complaints and grievance procedure are being followed.
- To play an active part in the Audition process, design, and outcome
- Overseeing all Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity guidelines are adhered to, assigning suitable safeguarding leads signposted and best practice is being implemented
- To represent PPA at any necessary industry and educational events
If you would like to be considered for this role please email Louise Pieri with your CV to email@example.com.