The Council of the Inns of Court (COIC) is a charity with the object of advancing education in the administration and practice of the law, including promoting high standards of advocacy. COIC advances this principally through the activities of the Inns of Court College of Advocacy (ICCA) which provides leadership, guidance and co-ordination in relation to the pursuit of excellence in advocacy and professional ethics for barristers. The role of the ICCA has now expanded to include the initial vocational training of barristers.
The ICCA seeks an Admissions Manager (AM) to assist with the development and smooth operation of the applicant-facing registry functions of the ICCA.
The role encompasses all aspects of the application process, and the provision of high-quality support and advice to academic colleagues involved in the selection process. The postholder will work closely alongside the Student Services Manager who is responsible for all student-facing registry functions of the ICCA.
The role offers a unique opportunity to support the development of effective and efficient administrative processes that fully satisfy all regulatory requirements, while maintaining a genuine focus on streamlining and enhancing the applicant experience. The AM will work to refine these processes as application numbers grow, embedding a culture of continuous improvement in service levels and professional support.
- Together with the SSM, ensuring a professional and welcoming contact point is provided for all visitors to the ICCA offices (the ‘hub’) and those contacting the ICCA by telephone, including those seeking pastoral or careers support.
- Promptly and professionally dealing with all communications received from prospective students and applicants, such as queries regarding eligibility, availability for interview, and requests for feedback.
- Effectively and sensitively handling applicant casework, including reasonable adjustments, offers, waiting lists, visa enquiries, and complaints and appeals.
- Creating and maintaining accurate applicant records from pre-application through to the end of enrolment; ensuring all data is up to date and maintained to the highest standards on the ICCA’s application system (currently HEI Apply software). Working with the Student Services Manager and other ICCA staff to ensure applicant data is correctly transferred to the Registry’s student data management system at the end of the enrolment process.
- Working collaboratively with members of the Registry team, ensure effective and robust operating processes are delivered in relation to all aspects of applicant administration and support.
- Responsibility for providing effective support to committees and working groups covering admissions processes including the preparation and circulation of agendas and associated documentation, producing Minutes, and driving progress by following up and reporting on agreed action points as appropriate.
- Playing a key role in the ICCA’s recruitment, admissions and selection events.
- Working collaboratively with the SSM, act as joint line manager of the Registry Administrator(s), ensuring they are effectively managed, supported and developed.
Financial Package and Benefits
- Fixed-term 12-month contract 0.6 FTE
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Death in Service Benefit
- 15% Defined Pension Contribution by the employer (after 3 months)
- Private Health Insurance (after completion of probation)
- 33 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1EN
- We welcome applications from those seeking flexible working arrangements
How to Apply
A full job description and details of how to apply can be found via https://www.icca.ac.uk/vacancies/