|Salary:||£30,273 to £33,180|
|Placed On:||8th December 2021|
|Closes:||7th February 2022|
Applications are invited from proactive and self-motivated individuals for this position in the Department of Materials. The post holder will be a key contributor to the efficient administration of the Department of Materials supporting the purchasing, finance and recruitment processes. The post holder will provide excellent customer service and support ongoing excellence in finance, staffing and purchasing management in the department.
You will have a track record of efficient processing in a busy administrative office. You will have excellent customer service skills and have a proactive approach to supporting staff within the department with their administrative tasks. The successful candidate will be proficient in the use of IT systems and follow processes efficiently and consistently. This is a varied role and the post holder will respond effectively to challenges as they arise
• Act as a focal point for general enquiries, both in person and on the telephone for students and staff.
• Act as a point of contact for staff, and other internal and external visitors to request administrative tasks to be completed
• Plan and prioritise own work activities, and where necessary balance these with new requirements of the team
• Educated to A level standard (or equivalent) and have relevant experience in a similar role
• A clear understanding of the need for and practice of customer focus and customer relations skills
• Proven experience of working in a busy administrative office
• Competent approach to an understanding of using various established tools and online system to ensure accuracy of the output
• Able to organise and prioritise own work activities within established routines or procedures and subject to minimal supervision, to support the achievement of department’s work
The Department of Materials at Imperial College London delivers world-leading research and scholarship in all areas of Materials Science and Engineering. We provide a creative and supportive environment where students receive first-class training, postdoctoral researchers develop independence and all staff realise their full potential. Our vision is to deliver world-leading research, teaching and scholarship in all areas of Materials Science and Engineering. The department is part of the Faculty of Engineering. You will find further details here: http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/materials
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, we will particularly welcome applications from minority groups, women and individuals with disabilities or with family caring responsibilities
Informal enquiries may be directed to Mrs Daraksahn Khan, Department Resources Manager in the Department of Materials, firstname.lastname@example.org .
For technical issues when applying online please email email@example.com
This is an re-advertisement, please do not apply for this post if you have applied previously.
Interviews will be held on Monday 7th February 2022. To apply, visit www.imperial.ac.uk/jobs and search by the job reference ENG01963
Committed to equality and valuing diversity. We are also an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Two Ticks Employer, and are working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect for trans people
Closing date: 17/01/2022
Type / Role: