|Location:||Cambridge, Work from home|
|Salary:||£37,467 to £50,296|
|Hours:||Full Time, Part Time|
|Placed On:||5th January 2022|
|Closes:||28th January 2022|
From gravity to computers, evolution to pulsars, for 800 years the University of Cambridge has helped brilliant minds collaborate and create.
We're looking for a Content Designer with a background in the design of digital products and services to join our team at University Information Services (UIS).
You'll join a growing team of user researchers, analysts and designers, working to transform products and services used by the University's 60,000 students and staff.
Your work will be varied and unique. You'll work on projects such as improving the application experience of prospective students and transforming the user experience across our digital platforms. You'll help to ensure our digital presence reflects the values of excellence our reputation is built on.
You'll get the chance to collaborate and interact with some of the finest minds in the world, sharing data, insight and expertise to make a meaningful difference to the University's success.
This position is usually based on the University's West Cambridge Site. However, currently you'll be expected to work remotely.
As a Content Designer you will:
- make user journeys the best they can be and choose the best format for displaying information to the user
- scope, write and edit content so it is relevant, understandable and accessible
- manage relationships with subject matter experts to make sure content is accurate
- communicate findings to the team and the wider organisation, helping develop empathy for our users and inform evidence-based decisions
- help University institutions adopt and apply new standards to their digital output through training, communications and hands-on support
Are you the right candidate?
- Experience of working in multidisciplinary teams.
- Extensive experience of writing for online environments, with proven ability to create content that is accessible and usable.
- Proven experience in using metrics and user feedback to define and improve content.
- Experience of working from start to finish of Agile projects, ideally to Government Digital Service standards
We welcome applications from individuals who wish to be considered for part-time working or other flexible working arrangements.
To apply online for this vacancy and to view further information about the role, please visit :
Please upload a covering letter and CV in the Upload section of the online application. The covering letter should outline how you match the criteria for the post and why you are applying for this role. If you upload any additional documents which have not been requested, we will not be able to consider these as part of your application.
For any queries regarding this position please contact Chris Mitchell, Head of User Experience via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 28 January 2022.
Please quote reference VC29596 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Type / Role: