Scholars School System is a project of UK CURRICULUM & ACCREDITATION BODY (UKCAB, a registered charity founded in 2006) is looking for a Business Lecturer with HE experiences for Birmingham, Manchester and London branches.
Scholars School System is a national independent higher education provider, offering world class education. Taught programmes delivered in partnership with Leeds Trinity University and Central Bedfordshire College and courses ranges from Foundation Year, Higher Nationals to Undergraduate Degrees. Over 5000 (UK and EU) learners have successfully completed their journey in last five years and student population for this current academic year is around 1500.
Reports to CEO and liaise with Senior Management.
- To provide leadership to all staff involved with the delivery of SSS. This includes Head of Departments, Academic Manager, Dy Academic managers, Assistant Academic Managers, Course Leads, Lecturers, Module Leaders/lecturers and positively influencing professional services staff.
- To promote and further enhance the highest quality Teaching & learning experience for SSS students on our collaborative programmes.
- To manage on a day-to-day basis the operation of the programmes delivered across the SSS campuses in London, Birmingham, Bradford and Manchester, including travel to all campuses and collaborative partner sites.
- To ensure that students’ experience the highest quality teaching and learning, pastoral support and careers advice.
- To ensure that academic standards are met through the assessment process and that the marking criteria of our collaborative partners are consistently met by all teaching staff involved in the assessment of students.
- To be responsible for reports for SSS academic governance structures, partnership meetings, including quality reports to all stakeholders.
- To ensure that the quality assurance and quality enhancement requirements of the collaborative partnership are fully followed to and applied across all programmes.
- To liaise and act as a key point of contact with staff at partner institutions, including the Link Tutors and Partnership Managers.
- To attend all partnership meetings and to ensure that reports for these meetings are produced in a timely manner and to the highest standards.
- To ensure that staff and students make full use of the learning resources provided by SSS or collaborative partners.
- To deal with student issues in a timely and professional manner using the appropriate policies and procedures.
- To contribute to the efficient and effective use of resources provided by SSS across its campuses.
- To undertake other such duties and responsibilities in the spirit of the role of Associate Dean.
- To write high quality reports using quantitative and qualitative data for internal and external audiences, as required.
- To work efficiently, accurately, and with attention to detail.
Liaison with SSS Staff and External to SSS
The Associate Dean liaises with key staff at SSS including the CEO, Dean, Quality Director, Director of Operations, Director of Studies, Director of Academics other Associate Deans, as required.
- A professional approach with integrity at all times
- Leadership and line management experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an enthusiastic approach
- Experience of programme management
- Experience of upholding academic standards and enhancing the student learning experience
- Experience of working in partnership with universities and other higher education related organisations
- Knowledge and understanding of implementing internal quality assurance systems and external quality assurance, including the QAA and Office for Students.
- Good honours degree and Master’s degree
- Recognised teaching qualification, for example, with the HEA
- Experience of quality assurance reviews, for example the QAA
- External examining at UK universities and other higher education providers
- PhD and research publications
- Senior leadership experience of leading through a period of significant change
The Associate Dean will also be expected to demonstrate their commitment:
- to SSS values and regulations, including equal opportunities policy.
- the SSS’s Social, Economic and Environmental responsibilities and minimise environmental impact in the performance of the role and actively contribute to the delivery of SSS’s Environmental Policy.
- to their Health and Safety responsibilities to ensure their contribution to a safe and secure working environment for staff, students, and other visitors to the campus.
If you have any queries, please contact Ashok Kumar, Head of HR/Admin on firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0207 1833647 / 07462188779.