Part Time, Fixed Term - Academic
This is a part time (50%), fixed term (9 months) academic appointment, within the Faculty of Health and Life Sciences.
Overall purpose of post: Sport & Coaching Sciences is a growing area at Oxford Brookes University with a number of UG and PG programmes – ranging from performance and coaching to health and rehab. This focus is closely linked to vocational qualifications and a growing research focus in this area.
The purpose of this post is to provide maternity cover for an existing member of staff and to support the Sport and Coaching Sciences programmes by undertaking academic related responsibilities in the delivery of high-quality student education with a focus on Biomechanics. Additionally, to support in the area of Physiology where possible.
Qualifications required for this post: MSc and BSc (2:1 or 1st class award) academic qualifications in Sport and Exercise Science or Biomechanics.
Experience required for this post: We require an individual with recent experience of leading modules and contributing to overall learning, teaching and assessment in higher education at degree level with expertise in sport, exercise or clinical Biomechanics. Additionally, some experience in the delivery of Physiology teaching and assessment would be beneficial.
A track record of assessment design, development and completion at degree level is essential, as is experience of supervising and assessing student projects in a higher education setting. Evidence of publications or suitable academic scholarship (e.g. publication in peer reviewed journals, presentation at academic conferences etc.) is desirable.
- Lead teaching and supervision of modules within the Sport and Exercise Science / Sports Coaching pathway.
- Contribute, as a member of the teaching team, to curriculum development work including planning, development and evaluation of courses and course materials.
- Act as an Academic Advisor and provide academic support for students.
- Develop research projects either individually or in collaboration with others.
- Where appropriate, to initiate and develop research collaborations with existing research groups in the Department and external researchers to generate multi/interdisciplinary research outputs
- Supervise and assess student projects and dissertations.
- To contribute to the management and administration of programmes, including leading modules.
- To support the academic, administrative and development activities of the Department and Faculty.
- Undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required by the University having regard to the general principles used in the above descriptions.
Start Date: from 1 APRIL 2022 or sooner if possible.
For an informal conversation in relation to the above post, please contact Dr Peter Wright, email@example.com.
As one of the largest employers in Oxford we pride ourselves in the great experience we offer our staff. You’ll be joining a friendly, professional environment where every member of staff is recognised as important to the success of Oxford Brookes University. To find out more about the benefits of working for Oxford Brookes please visit: www.brookes.ac.uk/job-vacancies/working-at-brookes.
The University has adopted equality, diversity and inclusion as core values. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates whatever their background, and especially from BAME candidates who are under-represented in our workforce.
We value your feedback on the quality of our adverts.
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please