- Are you passionate about providing exceptional administrative support to your organisation?
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where your knowledge and expertise are valued and developed?
- If so, we want to hire people like you to our award-winning HR team at the University of Exeter.
We are seeking a talented administrator to join our HR Casework team in this part-time (0.6FTE) position on a permanent basis. The focus of the role will be to provide effective administrative support to our busy HR casework team. Key aspects of the role will include:
- Monitoring the progress of all active cases and any timelines, keeping the team constantly appraised of deadlines and other key dates with reference to specific cases and the relevant procedures.
- Understanding the priorities of the casework team to ensure that workload is managed effectively and responding to urgent requests.
- Arranging all administrative aspects of setting up formal hearings (including arranging panels, HR support, note taker, hearing dates and booking meeting rooms) and ensuring the date is recorded in all parties' diaries.
- Assisting with the preparation and distribution of casework paperwork and correspondence in a consistent and timely manner, proactively contacting HR Business Partners, Trade Union representatives and other members of staff to gather all relevant documentation.
- Note taking at investigation meetings and formal hearings.
This role offers the opportunity for hybrid working – some time on campus and some from home.
We are looking for people with:
- A strong customer focus and the desire to provide great customer service at all times.
- The ability to work effectively with others in a team environment and to act with diplomacy in sensitive situations.
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills to deal with extremely confidential and sensitive issues, providing support with empathy and professionalism.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and focus, with high standard of administration skills with complete attention to detail and low error rates.
- Experience of working independently, including experience in prioritising and working under pressure to tight deadlines.
If this sounds like you then please read the Job Description for more details.
We offer some fantastic benefits including:
- 39 days leave per year pro rata
- options for flexible and hybrid working
- onsite gyms on all of our campus’ and a cycle to work scheme
- sector leading policies around maternity, adoption and shared parental leave (up to 26 weeks full pay), paternity leave (up to six weeks full pay) and a new Fertility Treatment Policy
To find out more email: Lynn Stoyle, HR Business Partner – email@example.com
Our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
With over 27,000 students and 6,400 staff from 180 different countries we offer a diverse and engaging environment where our diversity is celebrated and valued as a major strength. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture where all members of our community are supported to thrive; where diverse voices are heard through our engagement with evidence-based charter frameworks for gender (Athena SWAN), race equality (Race Equality Charter Mark), LGBTQ+ inclusion (Stonewall Diversity Champion) and as a Disability Confident employer. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented within our working community. Reasonable adjustments are available for interviews and workplaces.
We value your feedback on the quality of our adverts.
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please