We are looking for a Permanent Backend Software Engineer with strong AWS experience to join our Engineering chapter and help us change the face of Higher Education through Digital innovation! The successful candidate will be a key part of the Digtal team, delivering innovative digital solutions using a cloud-first approach with modern technologies to enable our staff and students to achieve their goals.
What you'll be doing...
- You will help build our new digital platform on AWS, working with modern technologies, making recommendations and helping to identify the right tools for the job.
- Work as part of an agile team using modern frameworks to develop and support innovative solutions and solve problems.
- Lead the development of automated testing capabilities around digital development, deployment, and software testing in a DevOps environment.
Just some of the benefits that come with this role include:
- 41 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Full university USS pension scheme – Over 21.4% employer contributions!
- Access to the latest technologies and platforms
- We'll take your personal and professional development very seriously and we’ll empower you to keep developing your expert skills
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- Loads of discounts at leading retailers including 10% off everything at the Co-op!
- Onsite gyms on all of our campuses and a cycle to work scheme
- Sector leading policies around maternity, adoption and shared parental leave (up to 26 weeks full pay), paternity leave (up to six weeks full pay) and a new Fertility Treatment Policy
- Stunning campus locations in Exeter and Cornwall
We’re really looking for…
- Understanding of Cloud Platform Services (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS)
- Demonstrable experience working with AWS is essential for this role.
- An understanding of web services and possess other appropriate technical skills.
- The ability and initiative to build something from scratch.
- A self-starter who can see the bigger picture and work well individually and as part of the team.
- An awareness of common development patterns, best practises, and familiarity with serverless and microservice architecture.
- Recent experience of managing automated build and deployment tools and proven experience of working in an Agile DevOps environment.
- Ability to break down barriers and build lasting beneficial relationships. Having the ability to adapt and demonstrate determination and focus within your work is essential.
This will ideally be a Full time role (35.5 hrs per week) but we are also open to a candidate looking to work part time.
Hybrid working – Whilst we are happy to consider remote/hybrid working, our team is based on the Streatham Campus in Exeter, and we really feel visiting and spending time as a team will be valuable to being fully engaged with the team.
For more information and to be taken through to our application site click the "Apply" button above!
The starting salary will be from £39,745 up to £48,841 on Grade F, depending on qualifications and experience.
Applications should be made via our website. For more information and to apply online please go to www.exeter.ac.uk/jobs. Please quote reference number R86231 in any correspondence.
Closing date is 2nd January 2023.