|Salary:||£36,451 to £53,384 Academic Grade 7/8|
|Placed On:||7th December 2022|
|Closes:||8th January 2023|
Closing Date: 8 January 2023
- ABOUT US -
We are a university with a national and international reputation for excellence, innovation and regional engagement, making a major contribution to the economic, social and cultural development of Northern Ireland.
Our core business activities are teaching and learning, widening access to education, research and innovation and technology and knowledge transfer.
- THE ROLE -
The post holder will contribute to the development, provision and administration of Librarianship Education and Continuing Professional Development (CPD), and the research environment in the School of Education. The primary responsibility of the post holder will be to provide teaching and programme development for the Postgraduate Diploma and Master’s in Library and Information Management programmes and other teaching duties within the School. (Part-time, 0.5 FTE).
We intend to create a 12-month waiting list for same or similar roles within the University.
- ABOUT YOU -
The postholder will be required to have:
- A first or upper second-class honours degree.
- A Master’s degree in Librarianship.
- A doctorate in Librarianship or Education (completed or near completion).
- BENEFITS -
- Competitive salary.
- Enrolment in USS pension scheme – employer contribution of 21.6%, employee contribution of 9.8%.
- An environment that supports flexible working and allows you to balance both work and home life.
- An open and inclusive environment that celebrates and welcomes diversity.
- Onsite and discounted sports/gym facilities (3 months free gym membership at either the Belfast, Jordanstown, Coleraine, or Magee Campus).
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Exposure to the very latest in cutting edge technologies including Dell, Aruba, Checkpoint, and Avaya, feeding your passion for IT.
- Autonomy in your role to make impactful decisions and changes to company processes.
Athena Swan Statement
Ulster University holds a Bronze Athena SWAN award in recognition of our commitment to advancing gender equality in higher education, read more on our website. The University has a range of initiatives to support a family friendly working environment, including flexible working.
To apply for the role of Lecturer in Education, please apply via the button shown.
The University is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community, particularly from those with disabilities. Appointment will be made on merit.
Type / Role: