|Location:||Suzhou - China|
|Salary:||Competitive salary in the market|
|Placed On:||7th December 2022|
|Expires:||5th February 2023|
SCHOOL: School of Intelligent Manufacturing Ecosystem
POSITION: Deputy Dean, Director of Education, Research and Development Institute, School of Intelligent Manufacturing Ecosystem
ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: Mechanical, Manufacturing, Advanced/Intelligent Manufacturing, Mechatronics, Electrical and Electronics, Controls, Materials, or Robotics Engineering; Industrial/Engineering Management, Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science and Analytics
Location: Taicang, Greater Suzhou, China
In 2006 Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) was created by the University of Liverpool and Xi’an Jiaotong University – a top ten university in China. Offering a unique international education experience, XJTLU brings together excellent research practice and expertise from both institutions and gives students the skills and knowledge they need to secure careers in a global marketplace. XJTLU now has around 25,000 enrolled students in both Suzhou and Liverpool in the UK, with plans to grow to about 28,000 students by 2025. There are currently about 2,000 staff, among which about 1,000 academic staff, with an almost even split between citizens of the People’s Republic of China and international passport holders. XJTLU offers our undergraduates and postgraduates over 100 programmes with a diverse spectrum of courses.
With a focus on innovative learning and teaching, and research, XJTLU draws on the strengths of its parent universities, and plays a pivotal role in facilitating access to China for UK and other institutional partners. At same time, XJTLU is exploring future education by blending the educational theory, best practice and culture from west and east.
For detailed information about the university, please visit www.xjtlu.edu.cn.
ABOUT ENTREPRENEUR COLLEGE (TAICANG)
In 2019, the XJTLU Entrepreneur College (Taicang) was launched, as a pioneers of, and an educational model for, the future university and campus in developing talents and leaders to meet local, national, and global challenges arising from the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Developed in collaboration with the Taicang Municipal Government and industry partners, the XJTLU Entrepreneur College (Taicang) moved to the university’s newly opened award winning Taicang campus, within Greater Suzhou, in September 2022. As a result, there are opportunities at all levels for innovative academics in the fields represented by the following schools and education platforms:
ABOUT THE SCHOOL OF INTELLIGENT MANUFACTURING ECOSYSTEM
The School of Intelligent Manufacturing Ecosystem is one of the seven industry-themed Schools in the XJTLU Entrepreneur College (Taicang). Each School consists of an Education, Research and Development Institute (ERDI) for teaching and research collaboration, a one-stop School Office providing professional services to support student administration and activities, members of staff, and industry partners, and an affiliated School Joint-Venture Company jointly established by XJTLU and the School’s partner for industry-embedded teaching, learning, practical, and other activities. The governance of the School is through a School Council. The Dean of School oversees the School Management Team as well as contributing to the leadership of the college.
The School of Intelligent Manufacturing Ecosystem is jointly developed by the University and an industry partner, Haier Group, to deliver the industry-themed programme(s). The first-degree programme that the School has launched for the Academic Year 2019/2020 is BEng Intelligent Manufacturing Engineering with Contemporary Entrepreneurship.
Industry Partner Overview:
The founding partner working in collaboration with XJTLU to co-develop the School of Intelligent Manufacturing Ecosystem is Haier Group.
Haier Group is a leading global provider of better-life solutions. In the process of continuous entrepreneurial innovation, Haier has transformed from a traditional manufacturing enterprise into a win-win IoT community ecology, leading global companies to take the lead in detonating the Internet of Things economy. More information please see http://www.haier.net/en/.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Deputy Dean, who heads the school’s Education, Research and Development Institute – ERDI as Director, is a member of the School Management Team (SMT). The School Management Team is led by the Dean of School and comprised of the Director of ERDI, the CEO of School JV Company, and the School Manager.
The main duties of this position include:
1. Work collaboratively with the Dean of School to:
2. Work collaboratively with Programme Director(s), academic members of staff, and School Office to:
3. Work collaboratively with relevant School(s), College and University entities to identify opportunities for meaningful and genuine partnership and successful impact-creation for research.
4. Maintain a sustained a record of successful PhD supervision.
5. Demonstrate evidence of good, sustained, and successful leadership of research grants and consultancy contracts.
6. Conduct high-quality research, evidenced by publications in leading journals.
7. Create, develop and manage successful research partnerships with academic institutions, industry and external organisations.
8. Support innovative cross-disciplinary research and become an ambassador for the School for the promotion of cross-boundary research and teaching activities.
9. Engage actively with new educational models and embrace innovative, interactive, technology-enhanced learning, teaching, and assessment approaches; understand and have an entrepreneur and innovative mindset in line with College ethos.
10. Deliver high-quality teaching to undergraduate and graduate students, as evidenced for example by peers, students and external examiners.
11. Supervise undergraduate students and postgraduate students.
12. Represent and deputise for the Dean of School where necessary, within the College, University and externally as appropriate.
13. Any other appropriate tasks assigned by the University SMT, School Council or Taicang Leadership Team through the Dean of School.
The School of Intelligent Manufacturing Ecosystem adopts a new higher education model based upon the concept of Syntegrative Education (SE). SE is a new model developed by the University to address an increasingly networked and complex future of work in the 4th Industrial Revolution. The model is core to the University’s strategy for its next ten-year development focusing on innovation and entrepreneurship. SE aims to train syntegrative leaders with Management skills, International perspective, Discipline-specific knowledge, and adaptability in Industry (MIDI).
This role will attract academic leaders embodying Syntegrative Education (SE) values and are passionate in engaging in a future-focused co-learning ecosystem comprising students, academics, practitioners, university, industry, and community. The Deputy Dean(Director, ERDI) is a leader who thrives by creating impact through managing, nurturing, and enabling authentic engagement, cross-boundary collaboration, collective learning and discovery programmes and activities. The postholder adopts a systems mindset, understands transdisciplinarity and complexity, uses his/her knowledge, skills, and experiences to deliver success and create impact for the School, College and University.
CITIZENSHIP AND VISA REGULATIONS
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws, and must comply with the regulations of the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with regard to obtaining work permits and visas. Please be advised candidates over 65 may be not eligible for a work visa in the P.R. China.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
SALARY: Competitive salary in the market
1. Allowance: XJTLU provide various month/annual/one-off allowances as
2. Commercial insurance: international insurance plans customized for XJTLU staff and family members. (details refer to the University Policy)
3. Paid holidays:
4. Working visa and residence permit in China: XJTLU sponsors working visa and residence permit in China for the staff.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application on our university website, by clicking the ‘Apply’ button.
Applications must be submitted in a single pdf file that includes 3 parts in the order of:
• A cover letter
• A current CV, including country of citizenship, and highest degree level
• Contact Details for Three References
For specific enquiries relating to the position, please email to Professor Eng Hwa Yap, Acting Dean of School by email on EngHwa.Yap@xjtlu.edu.cn or to HRBP on email@example.com.
To learn more about working & living in China, please visit: www.jobs.ac.uk/careers-advice/country-profiles/china
Type / Role: