Location: University of Sussex International Study Centre
Contract Type: Variable Hours (part-time)
We are Study Group. We are a global leader in international education partnering with students and Top Tier Universities from all over the world. We believe in creating a better world through education and value talented, driven, and student-centred people that believe the same.
Currently, we are looking for a business tutor to deliver highly effective modules across one or all the courses delivered at Sussex International Study Centre (ISC), working at one or all the following levels: Foundation (Level 3); International Year 1 (Level 4); and Pre Masters (Level6).
As a successful candidate, you will enjoy working with international students and have a drive and enthusiasm for supporting students in achieving high-quality learning outcomes.
- Contribute to the design, delivery and development of modules and teaching sessions offered by the Sussex ISC
- Prepare and deliver teaching lectures, seminars and tutorial sessions, with a normal teaching load of up to 25 hours per week
- Prepare module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment
- Mark students’ formative and summative assessments submissions and provide timely feedback to students on their performance, including writing regular student reports and tutorials
- Develop and update course material for modules and teaching sessions, including module material for the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Work with the Centre’s Operations team in the delivery of induction, orientation and registration programmes.
- Notify and liaise with colleagues where necessary to ensure all students receive appropriate ongoing welfare and progression support
- Implement quality assurance procedures at module and teaching session-level and contribute to the annual monitoring and review of courses
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student attendance and performance
- Attend and contribute to standardisation, moderation and other quality assurance meetings
- Participating in regular meetings with teaching and support staff contribute to the effective overall management of the programme and student life cycle
- Maintain and submit accurate and timely records of teaching and other activities
- Participate in regular training and development activities and maintain a log of these activities
- A Bachelor's degree in the relevant subject area. Candidates with further qualifications in the subject area will be welcome and a Master’s qualification is normally essential for teaching on international year 1 and the pre-masters programmes.
- Teaching qualification (Desirable)
- Experience teaching in UK higher or further education and experience working with international students
- A student-centred and client-focused approach
- A commitment to continuous professional development
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
We adopt a rolling recruitment process meaning that we review applications as they are submitted. To avoid disappointment, please ensure that you apply ASAP.