Reporting to: Director of Customized Programmes
The American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS) was founded in 1964 and since then, over 1.6 million students have participated in our educational and cultural exchange programs. Typically, over 6,500 American college students study abroad each year with AIFS Study Abroad— approximately 2,500 of these are on customised, faculty-led programs and approximately 4,000 study at local universities in Asia, Australia, Europe, Africa and the Americas.
Job Summary/Main Purpose
AIFS Study Abroad has a vacancy for a temporary Programme Manager in its London Global Education Centre. The primary function of the role is to take responsibility for the planning and effective delivery of a range of study abroad programmes to agreed standards and within agreed budgets.
- Prepare proposals and create programme budgets for customised faculty-led and Study Abroad programmes around the globe.
- Work with U.S. faculty to design and deliver a programme which meets their academic goals.
- Support the programme delivery staff in the locations assigned to you and work with them to ensure a high level of student satisfaction. This may include working directly with students and faculty.
- Maintain accurate accounts and exercise appropriate control over programme delivery costs for those programmes you have direct responsibility for.
- Book all elements of these programmes for successful delivery within agreed timelines and within budget.
- Prepare and update accurate promotional and pre-departure materials for programmes assigned to you.
- Assist in welcoming, and meeting with, U.S. campus administrators and faculty during visits to programme sites.
- Work with groups to produce social media content to promote AIFS programmes.
- Provide a high level of customer service to U.S. faculty and study abroad coordinators and respond to their questions in a timely manner.
- Delivery of programmes within agreed budgets and timelines.
- Achieving at least 90% excellent and good combined in all categories on student evaluation forms for programmes under your control.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills,
- Numeracy and ability to maintain records of expenditure.
- Demonstrate initiative and think creatively to resolve problems.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and a confident and helpful manner in a customer service role.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a large/small team.
- Commitment to quality, flexibility, ability to prioritise.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office.
- Experience living, working or studying abroad.
- Experience of working in Higher Education and/or the study abroad field.
- Fluency/working knowledge of one or more European foreign language.
Salary and Benefits
In return for a minimum of a 35-hour working week Monday to Friday, and additional hours according to programme needs:
- A basic gross salary of £32,000 per annum + benefits.
- 20 days paid holiday a year plus bank and public holidays. Some weekend days of work will be required as part of the contract.
How to Apply
Please send a current CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 19, 2023.
Applicants must be able to provide documentary evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
AIFS UK Ltd is committed to building and sustaining an inclusive, diverse, and equitable working and learning environment for all students, staff, and faculty and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.