|Placed On:||30th January 2023|
|Closes:||12th March 2023|
In UCL’s single biggest development since we were founded, UCL is expanding to East London. Located on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, UCL East will be dedicated to disruptive thinking and discovery across disciplines and beyond academic walls, to find solutions to the biggest challenges for future living. This post sits in the Advanced Propulsion Lab (APL) in the Marshgate Building of the UCL East campus which has world-class collaborative research laboratories. The APL is a cross-faculty hub, bringing together researchers from the UCL departments of Chemical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering, with this post being a joint appointment between the two departments, partly sponsored by Horiba.
About the role
The duties and responsibilities of the role include the following:
- Develop and lead a programme of original research in the broad area of advanced propulsion systems / technology / materials.
- Deliver multidisciplinary research and teaching activities that support UCL East priorities.
- Secure research grant funding in accordance with UCL Financial Regulations and the conditions of funding bodies and report to funding bodies and others as needed.
- Recruit, manage and lead researchers.
- Participate in, and chair, relevant committees at UCL East and the departments, and undertake relevant leadership roles within the Faculty and UCL.
Salary on appointment is subject to experience.
This appointment is subject to UCL Terms and Conditions of Service for Academic Staff. Please visit https://www.ucl.ac.uk/human-resources/policies/2021/jun/conditions-service-academic-staff for more information.
We wish to appoint a professorial staff member to co-lead the APL delivery team. The Chair will be known as the ‘Horiba Chair for Advanced Propulsion Technologies’. You will be expected to work collaboratively with colleagues within the APL, within the departments, as well as within UCL East and the Faculty more widely. The recruitment of new academic staff to support the development of UCL East, and the APL in particular, represents an exciting opportunity to enhance our critical mass in these areas and to establish new, multidisciplinary research activities in a modern, state-of-the-art environment.
A job description and person specification can be accessed via the apply link.
If you need reasonable adjustments or a more accessible format to apply for this job online or have any queries about the application process, please contact the HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The UCL Ways of Working supports colleagues to be successful and happy at UCL through sharing expectations around how we work – please visit www.ucl.ac.uk/ways-of-working to find out more.
Type / Role: