|Location:||Work from home|
|Salary:||£48,985 pro-rata, and can be home-based|
|Placed On:||8th February 2023|
|Closes:||6th March 2023|
This role will lead on developing the BACP evidence-based competence frameworks and associated training curricula to support the development, implementation and maintenance of professional standards across training, practice and supervision. The successful candidate will oversee the development of BACP competence frameworks and training curricula, ensuring they deliver to our strategy, are evidence-based and support ethical and professional practice across the counselling professions.
The ideal candidate will be a counsellor or psychotherapist, trainer and researcher with great knowledge and experience of developing and delivering quality assurance schemes for practitioners, organisations and training courses. They'll have experience of delivering to organisational strategy, leading diverse teams and experience of project and budget management.
This role is 21.75 hours per week over three days, with a salary of £48,985 pro-rata, and can be home-based.
1. To act as the single point of accountability for BACP competence and training curricula development and dissemination
2. To provide leadership and strategic direction to the competence development team (PSDFs) to ensure all competence projects are aligned and consistent with BACP strategy and the Professional Standards tactical plan
3. To provide line management to the competence development team (PSDFs) to ensure high standards and successful outcomes
4. To advise the HoPS in the development and delivery of BACP Professional Standards strategy through leading on the development and implementation of evidence based standards of training and practice that define competence and scope of practice, including influencing future developments and strategic direction
5. To lead on the development, delivery and dissemination of a rolling programme of evidence-based competence frameworks (and associated curricula as required), practice and training standards according to the agreed evidence-based competency framework development process and robust research methodologies
6. To oversee competence framework development and associated products including chairing and attending meetings with external stakeholders and Expert Reference Groups and influencing best practice
7. To assist the HoPS, Accreditation Lead and PS Operations Manager by leading on the development, delivery and dissemination of a suite of accreditation and approved qualification schemes underpinned by evidence-based competence frameworks and curricula and ensuring alignment with all PS workstreams
8. To be responsible for managing and tracking competence development project budgets, escalating any budget concerns to the Operations Manager and the HoPS in a timely manner
9. To provide the HoPS and Operations Manager with regular project updates, and to alert them to any potential issues
10. To lead on the development of resources and products based on competency frameworks and curricula to promote the PS strategy and standards of practice
11. To lead on the development and delivery of communication and engagement plans to promote, engage and influence external stakeholders and policy in BACP Professional Standards; raising awareness and encouraging utilisation of BACP Professional standards, competences and curricula amongst for example, BACP divisions, members, training providers, awarding bodies, commissioners and service provider organisations
12. In consultation with HoPS and the Ethics Lead, to promote awareness and utilisation of the Ethical Framework for Counselling Professions and Good Practice resources both internally and externally and contribute to the implementation and review processes
13. To support, and on occasion, deputise for the HoPS at internal and external stakeholder meetings and to contribute to the wider work of the PS department, in order to develop, inform and influence training and practice standards across the profession and the related training field.
Apply here: https://www.bacp.co.uk/careers/work-for-bacp/
Type / Role: