|Salary:||£39,592 to £66,890 per annum dependent on relevant experience|
|Placed On:||17th March 2023|
|Closes:||17th April 2023|
This position will be situated within the Organisational Psychology Group, which is part of the People Management and Organisation Division in the Alliance Manchester Business School.
The Organisational Psychology Group comprises 14 academic staff members, all psychologists by background, being one of the largest such groups in the UK. Collectively, we run two successful MSc programmes (the MSc Organisational Psychology and the MSc Business Psychology). We are also responsible for running courses at each level of the undergraduate BSc Management programme, as well as courses on the MSc Management and the Doctoral Training Programme and for programmes outside of the school, such as the BSc Psychology and the Humanities New Academics Programme.
As a group, our research interests are diverse, with expertise in topics such as leadership, creativity, psychometrics, safety, well-being, emotions, workplace bullying, proactivity, personality and job design. We supervise student research through the dissertation component of our Masters programmes as well as through doctoral thesis supervision.
The advertised role is for a Teaching and Research - Lecturer/Senior Lecturer to join the group. This role entails a 60:40 split in time, whereby 60% of the successful candidate’s workload would focus on teaching, supervision and leadership activities, with the remaining 40% open for personal development and research. We are a supportive group and are committed to the development of early career staff members, including offering mentoring and where appropriate opportunities to collaborate in research.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. As the School is committed to the principles of the Race Equality Charter Mark and Athena Swan, we would particularly welcome applications from women and the black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) community, who are both currently under-represented at this grade. All appointments will be made on merit.
Our University is positive about flexible working – you can find out more here
Blended working arrangements may be considered
Please note that we are unable to respond to enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies.
Enquiries about the vacancy, shortlisting and interviews:
Name: Professor Geoff Thomas Head of Group
This vacancy will close for applications at midnight on the closing date.
Type / Role: