|Salary:||£30,636 to £34,331|
|Placed On:||25th May 2023|
|Closes:||7th June 2023|
Salary: £30,636 - £34,331
Duration: Fixed-term until 31 January 2026
Closing Date: 7 June 2023
Reference Number: 020083
- ABOUT US -
We are a university with a national and international reputation for excellence, innovation and regional engagement, making a major contribution to the economic, social and cultural development of Northern Ireland
Our core business activities are teaching and learning, widening access to education, research and innovation and technology and knowledge transfer.
- THE ROLE -
The post holder will conduct high quality research and commercialisation activities within the School of Computing, Engineering and Intelligent Systems for the Hartree Centre – Northern Ireland Hub. The programme aims to equip UK businesses with the skills and knowledge to adopt digital technologies like artificial intelligence (AI), data analytics, supercomputing, and quantum computing.
We intend to create a 12-month waiting list for same or similar roles within the University.
- ABOUT YOU -
The postholder must hold:
- A Degree in Computing Science, Mathematics, Data Analytics or a closely related science based discipline.
- BENEFITS -
- Competitive salary.
- Generous annual leave entitlement promoting a healthy work/life balance - plus, an additional 15 days per year when then university is closed.
- Enrolment in USS pension scheme – employer contribution of 21.6%, employee contribution of 9.8%
- An environment that supports flexible working and allows you to balance both work and home life.
- An open and inclusive environment that celebrates and welcomes diversity.
- Onsite and discounted sports/gym facilities (3 months free gym membership at either the Belfast, Jordanstown, Coleraine, or Magee Campus). Valid for 6 months from start date.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Exposure to the very latest in cutting edge technologies including Dell, Aruba, Checkpoint, Avaya, feeding your passion for IT.
- Autonomy in your role to make impactful decisions and changes to company processes.
- Athena Swan Statement -
The School of Computing, Engineering & Intelligent Systems holds a Bronze Athena SWAN Award in recognition of our commitment to advancing Gender equality. You can read more about what this means on our University website. The University has a range of initiatives to support a family friendly working environment, including flexible working.
The University is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community, particularly from those with disabilities. Appointment will be made on merit.
Type / Role: