|Salary:||£35,000 per annum|
|Placed On:||26th May 2023|
|Closes:||9th June 2023|
Fixed Term for 11 months
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work as part of a collaborative project between the University of Southampton and the Oral Health R&D team at Haleon (formally GlaxoSmithKline) in Weybridge, UK.
This project aims to transfer knowledge of 3D imaging techniques to the Oral Health R&D team at Haleon and identify where they could be used to enhance hypersensitivity toothpaste formulation efficacy testing. At the same time the project will look to use 3D imaging to enhance the understanding of the hypersensitivity formulation’s effects on the dental tissues and provide visual marketing material to support evidence-based product advertising.
This is a unique opportunity to be embedded within a major pharmaceutical company, to experience and assist the different teams involved in the four-stage product development process. You will get to work with academics from the University of Southampton and use their world leading imaging facilities to undertake dedicated imaging investigations to support and help to embed the techniques into the product development process.
The post is full time, fixed term for 11 months and will be primarily (~70%) based at Haleon in Weybridge, with the other (~30%) at the University of Southampton.
Applications for Research Fellow positions will be considered from candidates who are working towards or nearing completion of a relevant PhD qualification. The title of Research Fellow will be applied upon successful completion of the PhD. Prior to the qualification being awarded the title of Senior Research Assistant will be given.
You should submit your completed online application form by clicking 'Apply' above. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please contact the Recruitment Team on +44 (0) 23 8059 5719, or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 2013222DA-3R on all correspondence.
We believe equality, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to making the University of Southampton a welcoming, vibrant and successful organisation. Having a diverse workforce, inclusive of people of all ages and beliefs, from different racial backgrounds, educational and social backgrounds opens up a wealth of possibilities, makes us more creative and accelerates our impact on society. We welcome applicants that value diversity of our community and are willing to play their part in supporting the mission of inclusivity.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be accepted unless indicated on the job.
Type / Role: