British University Vietnam (BUV) is the first and only international university in Vietnam to directly award British degrees from the prestigious University of London and Staffordshire University. BUV is rated a 5 Star university of excellence by the world recognised QS accreditor and is also recognised with a University-wide accreditation from the UK’s Quality Assurance Agency (QAA).
For more details, please visit our website at https://www.buv.edu.vn/
We are inviting experienced candidates with international qualifications and specialisms in Data Science, Data visualizations, Natural Language Processing, Big Data, Quantitative analysis or any relevant industry to apply for a faculty position, at one of the following ranks, depending on qualification and experience.
ASSOCIATE LECTURERS - Teachers with academic experience (enrolled in PhD)
LECTURERS - Teachers with academic experience (with PhD)
SENIOR LECTURERS - Teachers with academic and research experience (with PhD)
Lecturers/Senior Lecturers (Academic Levels B & C)
- PhD or Doctoral qualifications in a relevant discipline area from an internationally recognized institution
- University or postgraduate teaching experience in related fields having taught programmes where instruction is 100% English
- Advanced knowledge of Data Science and AI
- Proficiency in Programming Languages
- Knowledge of Data Management Tools and Data Visualization Tools
- In-depth understanding of own specialism to enable the development of new knowledge and understanding within the field
- Evidence of a positive impact at discipline programme level beyond own teaching
- Experience of teaching, curriculum development and quality assurance and enhancement in an HE environment
- Research experience
- Evidence of high-quality publications or other outputs in research or practice
Associate Lecturers (Academic Level A)
- Currently enrolled in a PhD or Doctoral programme at an internationally recognised institution
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline area from an internationally recognised institution
- Ideally, 3 years university or undergraduate teaching experience in related field having taught programmes where instruction is 100% English.
- Strong knowledge of data science principles and programming language.
- Sufficient breadth or depth of specialist knowledge in the discipline to develop teaching programmes and the provision of learning support.
- Big Data, Quantitative analysis
- Mathematical & Statistical Skills
- Experience in quantitative analysis
- Evidence of excellent teaching identified by peer review.
- Experience of living and working in Vietnam or Asia
- Clean police record
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of equal opportunity issues as they may impact on academic content and issues relating to student needs.
- Knowledge of higher education and ability to use a range of up-to-date delivery techniques to enthuse and engage students.
- Higher education teaching qualification, recognition, accreditation, or willingness to work towards this.
Please note that original certificates and degrees will be required on arrival in Vietnam (degree and teaching certificates; CRB or other police checks) are required for work permit purposes.
- Highly competitive salary package (plus benefits) depending on qualifications/experience
- Annual cost of living adjustment
- Annual salary increases and bonuses based on performance
- Recognition & awards programmes
- Paid time-off
- Healthcare plan
- Flexible working arrangements
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send an up-to-date CV and application letter indicating for which position you are applying to firstname.lastname@example.org.