Are you ready to embark on a rewarding journey at the heart of academia? The University of Oxford, renowned globally for its excellence in research and innovation, invites you to be a part of our dynamic IT Services Department as a Senior Analyst Programmer.
This exciting opportunity offers a hybrid work arrangement, with a flexible 20/80 office/remote split, enabling you to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
In IT Services, we play a crucial role in providing robust, reliable, and high-performing IT infrastructure to support the diverse needs of teaching, learning, research, and administration within the University. We celebrate diversity and value each team member's contribution, fostering an inclusive and welcoming work culture.
What we offer
We prioritize the well-being of our employees and it shows through our comprehensive range of benefits:
- An excellent contributory pension scheme
- 38 days annual leave
- A comprehensive range of childcare services
- Family leave schemes
- Cycle loan scheme
- Discounted bus travel and Season Ticket travel loans
Moreover, the University hosts a wide array of social groups and sports clubs
About the Role
As a Senior Analyst Programmer, you will
- Join the CMS and Web Platform Team during an exciting phase. The team is spearheading transformative changes in several flagship systems supporting the University's public engagement and research dissemination. We are currently piloting a major project to replace the University's central web-publishing platform, Oxford Mosaic.
- Additionally, we are actively involved in projects related to the digital collections of the University's museums. On a broader scale, the University-wide Digital Transformation Project is shaping our institution into an organization capable of achieving ambitious digital goals.
- Your role will entail technical work with Drupal on the Acquia Cloud, as well as React/Node.js applications on AWS.
- You will collaborate with a friendly, agile team of full-stack developers and functional analysts, contributing to products running on the CMS and AWS platforms.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Leading technical design, coding, testing, and documentation efforts to build new systems, features, and resolve product and platform issues.
- You'll also be instrumental in driving forward our strategic development initiatives, including technical architecture and planning.
To excel in this role, you will be:
- An innovative and creative developer eager to make a critical contribution to our software products and technical services.
- A highly skilled developer experienced in the full development lifecycle, possessing in-depth knowledge of technologies used in CMS-based website development, particularly Drupal, PHP/MySQL, and application development with React/Node.js on AWS.
- Articulate, with excellent interpersonal skills, capable of working independently and collaboratively with diverse teams. Your flexibility and adaptability ensure adherence to high-quality software development practices, including rigorous testing and quality control.
To apply, please upload a covering letter/supporting statement, CV, and details of two referees as part of your online application.
The closing date for applications is Monday 16 October at 12:00 noon, and only applications received before this date will be considered.
Interviews will be conducted on the week commencing 30 October with an aim for face-to-face meetings where possible.