|Salary:||£95,000 to £105,000 Competitive / Level 8|
|Placed On:||2nd October 2023|
|Closes:||2nd November 2023|
Imagine contributing to a cleaner, carbon-free energy future for our planet by 2050. Fusion, the process that powers the Sun and Stars, holds immense promise for generating sustainable energy. The UK Atomic Energy Authority (UKAEA) is at the forefront of fusion energy research, collaborating with industry and research partners to bring fusion electricity to the grid. Our core values—Innovative, Committed, Trusted, and Collaborative—drive us toward this mission.
- Exceptional defined benefit pension scheme
- Corporate bonus scheme (up to 15%)
- Relocation allowance (if eligible)
- Flexible working options and family-friendly policies
- Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders
- Generous annual leave allowance (30.5 days) increasing with tenure
- Abundant career development opportunities
- Inclusive and vibrant workplace culture
Join us and play a pivotal role as the Director Tritium Fuel Cycle, leading UKAEA's tritium fuel cycle research program. You will be responsible for delivering research programs worth over £20M annually, ensuring high-quality outcomes and world-class reputation. Your duties will involve identifying and securing new grant opportunities, fostering international partnerships, and managing the division's finances to meet approved budgets.
- Ensure top-notch quality of work output within the Division, maintaining world-class standards.
- Cultivate a pipeline of grant opportunities and write compelling bids to support the technical strategy.
- Foster effective collaboration with other divisions on cross-cutting work packages.
- Provide oversight and governance for all projects within the Division.
- Ensure all Division operations adhere to safety standards and statutory requirements.
Candidates must possess three of the following four qualifications:
- People and operations management: Experience overseeing teams of at least 50 scientific and/or technical staff.
- Delivery of high-impact research: Proven track record in delivering high-quality research outcomes.
- Budget management: Experience managing an annual budget exceeding £10M.
- Programme development: Proficiency in securing research funding and building collaborations and partnerships.
Explore our comprehensive benefits package on our website.
We welcome applications from underrepresented groups, including individuals from ethnic minority backgrounds, people with disabilities, and women. Our commitment to Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) is reinforced at all levels. Vacancies may close earlier if we receive a high volume of applications. UKAEA conducts online Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and other security checks, including The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks for criminal convictions.
Note for International Applicants: For those applying from outside the United Kingdom or who have resided outside the UK in the last five years, please review Criminal Records Checks for Overseas Applicants. If your country is not listed or if the UK Government cannot obtain your criminal records, we regret that we cannot process your application.
Type / Role: