Fixed Term for 2 years in the first instance
The Institute of Inner-City Learning is seeking to appoint an Hourly Paid Lecturer in Early Years Education & Care at its Birmingham Campus. The primary delivery mode is face-to-face on campus.
- THE ROLE –
The post holder is expected to deliver teaching in a variety of different learning environments and use a variety of teaching styles and approaches, including all levels of undergraduate study and, where appropriate, postgraduate study.
The post holder may be required to develop a range of teaching and assessment materials, covering specified modules and subject areas and may lead on modules and programmes in particular the Early Years Education and Care suite of programmes.
Main duties will include:
- Deliver teaching, learning and assessments, as well as provide support to students at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level of study, either individually or as a member of a teaching team.
- Deliver teaching and learning strategies in a variety of contexts, such as, online or blended learning teaching and learning, seminar and small group tutorials to large-group lectures, workshops and/or placements, using appropriate and engaging teaching and learning styles, within an established programme of study.
- Be involved in the design and development of high-quality teaching and learning material, sharing information/material on the University’s Virtual Learning Environment, develop strategies for formative and summative assessments, and develop assessment criteria, following the relevant quality assurance requirements.
- Supervise the work of students in a timely, professional and supportive manner, providing necessary advice on study skills, research methods, assessment and dissertation work.
- Offer appropriate advice, feedback, support, and encouragement to students, in both an academic and personal tutor role, to ensure a high-quality student experience.
- Undertake relevant scholarly activity, either as part of a collaborative project or individually, as a means of updating knowledge in an appropriate specialism and underpinning effective learning and teaching, or for seeking publication, knowledge transfer, public dissemination, or for funding and grant opportunities.
Please view the Job Description for further details, where you will also find a list of the essential and desirable ‘Person Specification’ criteria.
- REQUIREMENTS -
You should have:
- An honours degree in a relevant discipline
- A postgraduate qualification (MA or above) in a relevant discipline or working towards a higher-level qualification
- Experience in teaching, delivery, assessment and student support at undergraduate and postgraduate level in Higher Education (HE)
- Experience in teaching and supporting students from diverse backgrounds
- Experience in the design and development of module content, learning material, and assessments
- Demonstrable organisational and personal management skills
- FURTHER INFORMATION -
- Please note that immigration sponsorship under the UK Government’s Skilled Worker visa route is not available for this role
- HOW TO APPLY -
Please note, this application process does not include the option to submit a CV. Therefore, your application will be assessed based on your answers to the application questions only and, in particular, your Supporting Statement.
Closing date: 6th December 2023, 11:59pm.