Hours - Full time. Your required hours of work are 40 hours per week. The business operations are Mon-Thurs, 9am - 9pm and Fri - Sun, 9am - 6pm
Location: London Campuses
Responsible to: Head of School (HoS)
Responsible for: School of Health and Sports Science
Responsible for supporting HoS in establishing, leading, enhancing, and growing the discipline of sports and the SoHSS, ensuring that its programmes and academic delivery inspire, have impact and support the plans of the institution.
To contribute to the overall success of the Health Discipline and the SoHSS by working closely with the HoS and the Senior Management Team to ensure that innovative programmes and courses are demand led and deliver to the needs of students across the organisation and the market.
- Plan and manage the resources required to ensure that targets are met within the discipline area.
- Lead on the development of innovative and appropriate curriculum development and design.
- Lead and inspire staff in the discipline in terms of academic practice and scholarly activity and lead by example in academic enterprise and professional engagement.
- Work collaboratively with other colleagues e.g., Head of Health and Sports Science, PL’S and with all other teams on enhancement action planning, reviewing practice.
Specific duties and responsibilities
Within the identified curriculum area, under the overall direction of the Head of School:
- To be a member of the School Management Team with responsibility for the planning and delivery of activities.
- Lead the Programme Leaders and other academic staff to ensure the discipline forms an integral part of the school and Regent College and its students’ progress while adhering to appropriate regulatory requirements (e.g., OFS)
- Lead the academic and curriculum development for the discipline, identifying trends in student demand, anticipating emerging requirements and ensuring the promotion of employability, enterprise, and inclusion across programmes.
- Ensure that the academic curriculum inspires and challenges our students, is fit for the future through innovative methods of delivery and meets the highest quality standards and the offer is ambitious and attractive.
- Ensure that the discipline delivers outstanding learning, teaching and assessment practice, that embed the values and ambition of the school within its core delivery and that this is reflected in metrics and rankings such as TEF and NSS and other key performance indicators.
- Take responsibility for all collaborative partnerships linked to the discipline.
- Take responsibility for the quality assurance including lesson and tutorial observations, self-assessment reports and quality improvement plans.
- Monitor performance targets (e.g. recruitment, retention and achievement targets for students) and taking action, as necessary, to address under performance.
- Undertake teaching and learning activities. (Average of 6 hrs/wk except where agreed otherwise) within the identified curriculum area, under the overall direction of the Head of School:
In addition to this there are these following responsibilities
- Curriculum Management and Delivery:
- Marketing and recruitment of students
- Support for Students
- Leadership and management
- Resource planning
There will be additional responsibilities that will be required from time to time.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Educated to postgraduate level and hold a teaching qualification.
- Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (HEA) with aim of achieving Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy within 3 years of commencement date in post (if not already SF-HEA).
To be considered for this opportunity, please email your CV & Cover Letter via the 'Apply' button above.