|Placed on:||31st August 2016|
|Closes:||31st October 2016|
Founded in 1997, Winton is a systematic investment manager that uses the scientific method to develop advanced investment systems. Through statistical analysis and mathematical modelling of historical data, we strive to identify profitable investment opportunities in the global financial markets. Winton’s clients include many of the world’s largest pension funds, endowments, and sovereign wealth funds. The firm also works with financial advisors to serve both institutional and private investors. Winton currently has more than $30 billion in assets under advice and employs over 450 people in 9 locations around the world.
We are looking for a journalist or historian to join our historical research team. Using materials from our archives, we are creating exhibitions and displays across our global offices that market Winton and educate our staff. These exhibitions challenge lazy investment assumptions, present precedents for supposedly unprecedented situations, and illustrate the humanity of financial markets.
- Collaborate with exhibition designer to produce long-term histories of financial markets in the form of large-scale graphics and interactive data visualisations
- Research markets thoroughly using primary sources
- Identifying and sourcing relevant images and artefacts
- Demonstrating the relevance of history to Winton’s investment strategies
- Can distil complex information into succinct, entertaining and accessible narratives
- Demonstrative interest in finance and economics
- Able to work independently and collaborate well
- Efficient and capable of meeting tight deadlines
- Some experience of producing data visualization is preferred (eg d3 or highcharts)
Winton provides an exceptional compensation structure, a generous benefits package, and the training required to excel while serving in an exciting research-driven, quantitative finance environment.
Please apply via the following link:
Share this job
Type / Role: