Lecturer/ Associate Professor / Full Professor in Business Administration
Shantou University - Business School
£13,536 to £45,120 converted salary* per annum depending on appointment level
|Placed on:||2nd September 2016|
|Expires:||2nd November 2016|
|★ View Employer Profile|
Shantou University (STU), founded in 1981，is a comprehensive university jointly supported by the Ministry of Education, the Guangdong Provincial Government and the Li Ka Shing Foundation. It is the only public university in the world that receives long-term funding from the Li Ka Shing Foundation. The University campus is located in the northwestern part of Shantou, a seaside city. STU ranked global 601-800 in the “Times Higher Education World University Rankings” in 2015.
Business School of Shantou University (STU BS) was established in 1996. With the motto of “Enterprising Achievement, Global Mindset”, the School now has over 1,000 undergraduates, and in 2015 gained European Program Accreditation System (EPAS), accredited by European Foundation of Management Development (EFMD).
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Conduct full-time lecturing and research job in the subject area at Business Administration, Accounting and Marketing.
- A successful candidate must have obtained a PhD degree from an internationally renowned university.
- A successful candidate must have relevant teaching and lecturing experience in a leading university.
- A successful candidate must have subject expertise and applied research interests in the area.
- Research project experience with renowned academic achievement will be a huge bonus.
- Candidate must have the ability to contribute to the Business School’s long-term development, international collaboration and externally-facing activities.
- Candidate must have willingness to be involved in programme management, international accreditation (EQUIS and/or AACSB), international recruitment, and related activities
Compensation and Benefits:
- RMB 200,000-400,000 yearly salary for Full Professor, RMB 180,000 -250,000 yearly salary for Associate Professor, RMB 120,000 -200,000 yearly salary for Lecturer
- Provide health insurance with BUPA and accidental insurance with AIA
- Offer a point-to-point-round-trip economy air ticket each contract year
- Free housing
- Offer a Lump Sum Relocation Free of RMB50,000
- For the newly recruited faculty who are with doctoral degrees as well as senior and vice-senior professional titles, if their spouses have no jobs, the University will offer each a subsidy of RMB 2,000 per month.
Located adjacent to the South China Sea in Guangdong Province, Shantou is one of the main commercial and communications centers in southeast China. The city covers an area of 2,064 square kilometers and has a population of 5.39 million people. It has been designated as one of China’s Special Economic Zones (SEZ).
Shantou, also known as Swatow, was originally opened to foreign trade in 1858 following the Second Opium War. By the 1930's it had grown into China's third-largest trading port.
International exchange and cooperation between Shantou and other countries in the world is brisk. Shantou currently has business relations with 165 countries and regions in the world.
Shantou enjoys convenient sea, air and land transportation. The New Jieyang Chaoshan international airport came into use at the end of 2011.
How to apply:
- A softcopy of updated C.V in MS Word, PPT or PDF version.
- Cover letter with a personal statement.
- Supporting materials about academic achievements.
- Copies of undergraduate degree and above.
- Letters of recommendation from two peer experts, as well as their addresses and contact information.
- Clearly state the specific position you apply for in your application email.
Please email to Mr. Huang Xianglong at firstname.lastname@example.org directly, and Please CC to Ms.Li at email@example.com
To learn more about working & living in China, please visit: www.jobs.ac.uk/careers-advice/country-profiles/china
Share this job
Type / Role:
Asia & Middle East