Fulbright â The Urology Foundation Scholar Award
The US-UK Fulbright Commission
|Salary:||A monthly stipend of $5,000 per month|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||16th September 2016|
|Closes:||6th November 2016|
The US-UK Fulbright Commission is now accepting applications for The Urology Foundation Scholar Award 2017-18.
This award provides one grant to an academic or professional UK urologist or urology nurse to pursue research in the US for a period of 3 to 12 months.
The research can be in the biomedical or clinical practice areas, or in the healthcare and social areas, but will focus on the care and treatment, or cause and prevention and cure of those suffering from urological diseases.
We look for strong research projects with evidence of academic excellence, demonstrable ambassadorial skills, ambition and leadership potential, and a desire to further the Fulbright Programme and give back to the UK upon return.
The Fulbright-TUF Award offers the following benefits:
- A monthly stipend of $5,000 per month
- Sickness and accident benefit coverage
- Visa sponsorship
- Substantial pre-departure support, including a Finalists Workshop (March) and a 2-day Orientation Programme (July)
- Once on-the-ground in the US, further support is offered by the Council for the International Exchange of Scholars (CIES)
- Membership of an extensive Fulbright Alumni network after grant completion
Eligibility requirements: Applicants must be a UK citizen and hold or expect to receive a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, Master's, PhD or equivalent professional training or experience in a relevant area before departure to the US. Those who hold US citizenship may not apply for a UK Scholar Award from the US-UK Fulbright Commission.
Closing Date: 6 November 2016 for complete applications
For full information and to apply please click the Apply button below.
Share this job
Type / Role:
North, South & Central America