Deputy Head of Careers and Employability Service
University of Stirling - Careers and Employability Service (CES)
|Salary:||£39,324 to £46,924 per annum (Grade 8)|
|Placed on:||27th September 2016|
|Closes:||23rd October 2016|
Contract Type: Open Ended
The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 23 October 2016.
The post holder will provide day to day operational management of the Careers and Employability Service (CES). They will ensure the delivery of high quality, professional services to students, graduates, schools and employers as outlined in the CES delivery plan.
The post holder will manage a team which currently comprises of 10 staff. This includes 6 Careers and Employability Consultants, an Information Officer, an Employer Liaison Manager, an Employer Liaison Co-ordinator and a Careers Assistant.
You will be responsible to the Head of Careers and Employability.
Description of Duties
- Manage staff and small teams on a day to day basis to ensure the effective delivery of the service’s operational plan.
- Effectively manage the delivery of the CES annual plan.
- Manage the delivery and promotion of careers education, information and guidance services for undergraduates, postgraduates and recent graduates, including the Career Management Skills and work experience modules, and other employability-related activities centrally and with faculties.
- Work effectively with employers, and other opportunity providers, regional, national and international, to promote the University, its courses, its undergraduates and graduates.
- Manage the collection of information on graduate destinations, in compliance with HESA specifications.
- Deliver standard careers advisory duties such as guidance interviews, careers education session and work with faculties.
- Work with the Head of Careers and Employability Services to ensure that CES Mission and Strategic Objectives are aligned with the University’s Strategic Plan and that this is translated into an annual delivery plan.
- Be active professionally and involved in relevant activities and training with AGCAS and other organisations concerned with careers and employability.
- Work with staff to ensure that relevant quality standards for the sector are met.
- Carry out such other duties as may be required from time to time, including deputising for the Head of Careers and Employability Service
For further information, including essential criteria and details on how to apply, please see www.stir.ac.uk/jobs
Share this job
Type / Role: