Postdoctoral Training Fellow - Paediatrics
Institute of Cancer Research - Clinical Studies
|Salary:||£34,247 to £40,530|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||12th October 2016|
|Closes:||10th November 2016|
Experienced Postdoctoral Training Fellow needed from 1/12/2017 to work in the Paediatric Solid Tumour Biology and Therapeutics Team under the leadership of Professor Louis Chesler.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on developing transgenic models of ATRX loss of function neuroblastoma in addition to supporting in vitro work developing targeting strategies for this subtype of neuroblastoma. The postholder will be expected to have substantial experience of in vivo work and in vivo modelling and have a demonstratable track record in all of the specific key duties detailed below. Additionally, the postholder will be expected to work with significant independence and initiative and will be required to produce a consistently high standard of work.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Co-ordination of breeding strategies for development of a ATRX loss of function GEMM
- Characterisation of the ATRX LoF GEMM phenotype
- Develop PD markers for ATRX targeting agents (technical skills including ELISA, immunohistochemical staining, immunofluorescence, western blot and qPCR).
- Investigate the role of novel genes including performing siRNA and shRNA loss of function studies, overexpression gain of function study and functional assays.
- Undertake live cell imaging using brightfield, fluorescence and confocal microscopy for protein interaction and motility assays and molecular biology.
- Write papers and manuscripts in liaison with the Team Leader to the highest standards.
- Maintain accurate records in laboratory notebooks
- Become familiar with the use and maintenance of specialised laboratory equipment
- Initiate laboratory procedures to ensure smooth running of experimental work and with others to ensure that housekeeping tasks are performed on a regular basis
- Work in a flexible but organised manner to meet objectives/deadlines
- Work and communicate effectively with other members of the Team, and external collaborators
- Prepare reports of results for oral or written presentations at internal and external meetings and for publication in scientific journals or patents
- Take a keen interest in the general literature including scientific papers relevant to the work of the team
- Comply with the ICR’s guidelines, including safe working practices
- Ensure that work conforms to the requirements of COSHH, Local Rules for Health and Safety, Home Office regulations and other Codes of Practice as required by the ICR Safety Policy
- Any other duties which may be required which are consistent with the nature and grade of the post
This post will be for 2 years in the first instance, and benefits from a contributory defined benefit pension scheme and generous leave entitlement.
Share this job
Type / Role: