Research Fellows/Senior Fellows in the Energy and the Environment Division
National University of Singapore - Energy Studies Institute (ESI)
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||12th October 2016|
|Closes:||8th November 2016|
The Energy Studies Institute (ESI) is a research institute in the National University of Singapore seeking to advance the understanding of energy policy issues by conducting independent research and analysis. We are looking for researchers to join a multi-disciplinary team carrying out research on a range of energy issues that are of concern to Singapore.
The Energy and the Environment Division has vacancies for researchers with a PhD in the fields of environmental policy, energy resource governance, and other areas focusing on energy policies.
- To conduct research on energy policy developments relevant to Singapore
- Participate in and lead research projects undertaken by the Institute
- Produce policy reports, peer-reviewed articles in reputable academic journals and opinion-editorial pieces
- Cultivate networks, initiate collaborations and prepare funding proposals on behalf of the Institute
- Organise events such as workshops, seminars and conferences, etc
- Carry out administrative tasks assigned by the ESI Executive Director
The Successful Candidate
- Ideally have an understanding of energy policy issues relating to supply and demand, production and consumption trends, energy efficiency, climate change, energy resource governance, energy security, etc
- Published in reputable journals and other fora on energy policy topics
- Able to work independently and in a team
- Have a strong written and oral command of the English language
The positions we offer will be in line with the specific strengths the candidate brings with him/her. Applicants are invited to send us their resume, covering letter, names and contact details of three referees by 8 November 2016.
To apply, please write to:
Energy Studies Institute
29 Heng Mui Keng Terrace
Blk A #10-01
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Share this job
Type / Role:
Asia & Middle East