Mathematical Data Scientist
|Salary:||£28,000 to £35,000 + depending on candidate and experience.|
|Placed on:||13th October 2016|
|Closes:||13th December 2016|
We are seeking a high calibre graduate of mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics, or related subject (preferably with a PhD) to help research, develop and explain advanced mathematical models for commercial clients.
CountingLab Limited is a growing and exciting micro company spinout from the Centre for the Mathematics of Human Behaviour at the University of Reading and based in Reading, specialising in advanced bespoke analytical mathematical models. Our models are cutting edge, developed from current academic literature or built in-house and run over large behavioural data sets. We maintain very close ties with academia and are heavily involved in academic research and its applications and frequently publish papers.
Required Skills: We currently have a highly skilled technical team, led by Professor Grindrod and Dr Singleton, and are seeking to add to that.
You should be able to demonstrate the following:
- An understanding of mathematics/statistics to degree level and preferably beyond
- Computing technical skills (particularly some of : C++, R, shiny, Python, d3js, Matlab, SAS, WindowsAPI, SQL databases, Hadoop, Casandra, Excel, VBA, LaTeX)
- Computing presentation skills (one or more of the following: Powerpoint, Prezi, Tableau, Qlikview, Power BI, Webex, Skype)
- A keen interest in applications of mathematics and statistics
- Good social skills, eager to meet people and be client-facing
- Self-motivation and innovative thinking
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to explain complicated concepts in layman’s terms
- The job will be client-facing so some business experience, aptitude or at least potential is required. Although no previous job experience is strictly necessary.
The following skills will be a bonus:
- Experience or knowledge of natural language processing
- Experience collecting and analysing social media data
- Machine learning
- Consultancy experience
- Fluency in Arabic, Russian, Mandarin or other languages
To start as soon as possible.
Please send CV and available start date to firstname.lastname@example.org or email for further details.
See www.countinglab.co.uk for more details about CountingLab Limited.
Share this job
Type / Role:
South East England