Chair / Reader in Clinical Nursing Research
University of York - Department of Health Sciences
|Salary:||£61,539 a year|
|Placed on:||14th October 2016|
|Closes:||13th November 2016|
The appointment of a Chair in Clinical Nursing Research offers the opportunity to further develop the research activity, as part of a large and successful multi-disciplinary department. This strategic appointment will combine active research and scholarship with strategic leadership. We are looking for a person to inspire students and staff members connected with our professional programmes and to provide academic leadership to further develop our research activity in nursing.
The Department of Health Sciences is renowned for its methodological expertise and its commitment to policy relevant teaching and research. The Department has a strong portfolio of research on patient care, the healthcare workforce and health services research as well as established programmes of nursing and midwifery education.
- PhD in a relevant research area, or commensurate professional experience
- Current nursing/midwifery professional registration, together with a teaching qualification that meets NMC standards
- Demonstrated expertise in a field/fields central to modern nursing
- Ability to undertake high-quality research and publish in leading peer-reviewed journals
- Ability to define, lead, manage and attract funds for internationally excellent research, operating across disciplinary boundaries
- Excellent track record in attracting and supervising research students
- Ability to contribute to the strategic development of the Department
The University of York is a highly successful institution with a strong commitment to excellence in research and teaching. A member of the prestigious Russell Group, we are a dynamic, research-intensive university and have experienced significant growth over the past ten years, securing national and international recognition for our academic excellence. Our attractive landscaped campus has seen significant development which will continue as the University further develops its national and international reputation. The Department of Health Sciences is a multi- disciplinary department with an international reputation for excellence in applied health research. www.york.ac.uk/healthsciences/
Salary will be commensurate with experience on the professorial scale, current minimum £61,539 a year. Reader salary scale £48,327—£59,400 a year.
Interviews will be held in York on: 14 December 2016
For further information and to apply on-line, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
The University of York is committed to promoting equality and diversity.
Share this job
Type / Role: