UCD Post-doctoral Research Fellow Level 1
University College Dublin - UCD School of Public Health, Physiotherapy and Sports Science
£30,696.41 to £37,207.03 converted salary* per annum
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||17th October 2016|
|Closes:||24th October 2016|
College: UCD College of Health and Agricultural Sciences
Applications are invited for a fixed-term Post-Doctorate position in the UCD School of Public Health, Physiotherapy and Sports Science. The appointee will be responsible for the development and delivery of high quality, research intervention in the area of nutrition and osteoarthritis. This will be conducted as a collaborative work between an industrial partner (Marigot) and UCD to carry out a human intervention pilot study to further expand its knowledge of marine based ingredients / bioactives (Aquamin) and associated efficacy for the treatment of knee joint OA. In particular, the researcher will work under the direction of the principal investigator to implement the study protocol (Randomised control trial). A dynamic, proactive and team-orientated approach, coupled with a high degree of professionalism, is essential for this post.
Project Duties and Responsibilities:
- To oversee the participant recruitment process in conjunction with the other members of the team both in the clinical hospital setting and in primary care facilities;
- To act as a designated point of contact for the recruited participants;
- To oversee the time point assessment of participants;
- To coordinate the testing and the assessment at the established milestone points;
- To undertake responsibility for the actual production of study report as required by the industry partner;
- To plan and lead the external dissemination strategy in agreement with the industry partner and the research team;
- Responsible for the maintenance of accurate records and databases supervise, on a day-to-day basis, other full-time and part-time staff of the HPG, ensuring the highest professional standards;
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Principal investigator (or nominee), commensurate with the nature and grade of the post.
Appointment on the above range will be dependent on qualifications and experience
Prior to application, further information (including application procedure) should be obtained from the UCD Job Vacancies website: http://www.ucd.ie/hr/jobvacancies.
Applications must be submitted by the closing date and time specified. Any applications which are still in progress at the closing time of 17:00hrs (Local Irish Time) on the specified closing date will be cancelled automatically by the system. UCD are unable to accept late applications.
UCD do not require assistance from Recruitment Agencies. Any CV's submitted by Recruitment Agencies will be returned.
UCD is an equal opportunities employer.
Share this job
Type / Role:
Republic of Ireland