Innovation Lead (Software Developer)
Northumbria University - Department of Architecture & Built Environment / Faculty of Engineering and Environment
|Salary:||£27,000 to £30,000 pa depending on experience plus competitive package|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||18th October 2016|
|Closes:||30th October 2016|
|★ View Employer Profile|
Full Time (Knowledge Transfer Partnership, fixed term for 2 years)
Location: Innovation Lab, Lucion Environmental Ltd, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear
An exciting opportunity is available for a Masters level candidate to work with Lucion Environmental Ltd the market leader in risk management solutions and a Sunday Times ‘one to watch’ business, with a 395-strong workforce around the UK and a turnover of £25m. This is a KTP (Knowledge Transfer Partnership) post, highly regarded by employers and academics, which offers recent graduates a kickstart to a career in industry with opportunities for professional development.
Lucion and Northumbria University are partners on a cutting-edge project to research, design and develop a new mobile, cloud-based technology platform for automating the 3D capture of built structures and their assets for the purpose of managing hazardous material throughout the life-cycle of a building.
Qualifications we require:
You should have a post-graduate qualification (MSc, MEng) in Computer Science or a related discipline such as Information Systems, Built Environment, Mathematics or Physics. Candidates with BSc/BEng and relevant expertise and aptitude for the challenges of the project, will also be considered.
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate experience of:
- Software development
- Mobile app development
Experience of the following, whilst not essential, would be beneficial:
- Knowledge of Cloud computing technology
- Data analytics
- Experience of 2D/3D imaging and/or gaming
- Awareness of construction sector / built environment
The opportunities available to you:
- £8,500 professional bespoke training and travel budget
- Residential leadership & management programme (est value £1,700)
- Potential for a performance related bonus
- Potential to be retained in a permanent position with the company at the end of the project
- You will be able to interpret and clearly articulate technical and complex information.
- You will be expected to present to a wide-ranging audience including senior stakeholders.
- You will be proactive, able to influence others and build rapport quickly.
- You will enjoy responsibility, solving unexpected problems and challenging the status quo
Responsibilities in this role include:
- Producing management reports, conference/journal papers
- Project management, including accurately collating and presenting information and progress of the project to senior stakeholders and colleagues.
- Developing, testing and embedding knowledge of key project components including technology selection, prototyping, and user interface development.
This position forms part of the Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) programme funded by Innovate UK, the Government’s Innovation Agency. It is essential you understand how KTP works with business and the University and the vital role you will play if you successfully secure a KTP Associate position.
To find out more and to apply for this role please visit: http://work4.northumbria.ac.uk/hrvacs/eae1605
Please note that if you do not have permission to work in the UK, Northumbria University will not be able to obtain a Certificate of Sponsorship for you to take up this position. Recruitment to this post is subject to Innovate UK funding.
Northumbria University is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community and particularly from under-represented groups.
Closing Date: 30th October 2016
Share this job
Type / Role: