Lecture in Islamic Finance
Dublin City University
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||20th October 2016|
|Closes:||19th December 2016|
Lecturer – Islamic Finance – Saudi Arabia
Dublin City University in Ireland has partnered with a state of the art local University in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia to deliver a number of 3rd level degree programmes. This is an exciting opportunity to work with two highly prestigious institutions.
This role initially starts as a 6 month contract with potential for longer term commitments depending upon performance. For this position, in line with a genuine occupational requirement, we are looking to recruit only female staff members for a female only university.
- Deliver course content to students across an academic semester(s)
- Develop resources required to facilitate student learning
- Set and assess exams and continuous assessments
- Contribute to research activities such as conferences, seminars etc.
- Maintain an active and sustainable programme of research
- Provide academic leadership through helping to maintain and enhance a research culture
- Develop and deliver modules in a manner consistent with DCU academic standards
- Use a wide range of learning and teaching methodologies and assessments which foster a positive and supportive learning environment for students
- Work proactively in improving existing courses and programmes
- Contribute to the design and development of new courses and programmes and adapt course content depending upon requirements
- Contribute to team effectiveness, leadership/management and administration.
- Represent the Universities externally as appropriate
- PhD specialism in Finance/Accountancy
- Experience of lecturing in Islamic Finance is an advantage
- An active research portfolio publishing new ideas and findings in quality national and international journals
Remuneration & Package
- Competitive salary.
- 2 Return Flights per semester (to/from Europe).
- High Quality Accommodation provided.
- Medical insurance.
- Excellent holidays.
To apply, please send a covering letter and your CV via email to email@example.com .
Closing date for applications is the 19th December 2016.
Share this job
Type / Role:
Republic of Ireland