Assessment Office Coordinator
London School of Science and Technology (LSST) - Examinations Dept
|Location:||Wembley, Greater London|
|Salary:||£22,000 to £26,000 Competitive salary based on experience|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||28th October 2016|
|Closes:||28th December 2016|
|Job Ref:||LSSTA/Assessment Office Coordinator /10201|
Job Purpose: The successful Assessment Office Coordinator is responsible for the administration and organisation of all aspects of external and internal examinations in accordance with the regulations laid down by the awarding bodies.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To manage the process of student assignment submissions; collecting grades and examination results from internal and external markers and accurately recording the results.
- Make arrangements and manage internal and external examinations; production of the timetable, room and invigilation arrangements for candidates with special educational needs are in place.
- Resolving examination clashes in accordance with regulations.
- Be adaptable and liaise with other departments effectively
- Briefing candidates on examination regulations and producing written guidelines for staff and students; ensuring candidates are aware of their own examination timetables.
- Arranging invigilation, including briefing and training invigilators in school procedures.
- Organising special educational needs provision, including liaising with the Course Coordinators and Lecturers regarding candidates with special educational needs; applying to awarding bodies for special arrangements for such candidates.
- To be responsible for the security of exam, test papers and assignments and to ensure the safe and efficient despatch of scripts and other materials to the examination boards, examiners and moderators.
- To service and advise the School Examination Boards, ensuring prompt production of award and progression lists, minutes of the Board’s decisions and correspondence to students.
- To work efficiently on any queries, re-mark requests and missing marks following results day, including assisting students in clarification of grades and making contact with exam boards and awarding bodies as necessary.
- Disseminating information, answering enquiries and dealing with complaints regarding external and internal examinations with staff and students.
- Submitting entries for external examinations to awarding bodies in advance of deadlines.
- Overseeing the distribution of results to candidates.
- To be responsible for the security and distribution of transcripts and award certificates.
- To implement, adhere and assist in development of the Examination Policy for the School.
- Providing reports and statistics on examination entries and results.
- Keeping up to date with the requirements of the role. Ensuring attendance at appropriate awarding body training meetings, etc and keeping up to date with the latest procedures and regulations for external examinations.
- Ability to plan and prioritise own work
- Ability to work under high pressure and within given deadlines.
- Ability to work on a multitude of tasks within different timescales.
- Must be ICT literate and able to use the internet, eg consult websites, access information, download material/make entries electronically, operate the school’s database, produce and operate spreadsheet packages, produce analyses, use email.
- The role holder needs to be:
- Well organised, self-motivated and an effective communicator, both verbal and written
How to apply: Applications for this post must include all of the following:
- Your curriculum vitae (CV) and a covering letter demonstrating how you meet the job role criteria.
Your application will be judged solely on the basis of how your skills and experience match the requirements of the post.
Share this job
Type / Role: