Full-Time Faculty Position in Management, Global Business Program
Akita International University
|Salary:||Competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||10th November 2016|
|Expires:||10th January 2017|
The AIU Faculty of International Liberal Arts invites applications for a tenure-track position in its Global Business program at the Lecturer, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor level, beginning September 1, 2017.
Akita International University was founded in 2004 as the first public university corporation in Japan. We offer an English-medium international liberal arts education designed to prepare students for responsible leadership in a globalized age. For details, visit http://web.aiu.ac.jp/en/about/.
AIU’s Global Business Program is searching for broadly educated and experienced candidates with a passion for classroom teaching and scholarly research. We seek faculty who can equip students with the theoretical models and practical tools to tackle global issues.
Successful applicants will teach approximately 18 credits per year, including intermediate and advanced undergraduate-level courses, and a capstone seminar.
We seek individuals who can teach compelling classes in the following areas:
- Strategic Management, Mergers/Acquisitions
- International Business, Legal Environments, and Competition Policies
- Human Resources Management and Diversity
- Japanese Business in The Global Era
- Eco-Business and Sustainability
Please note that all courses are taught in English.
- Doctorate degree in a related field; MBA and business experience; or a distinguished business career
- Strong quantitative analysis skills
- Excellent oral/written/interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to conduct courses at a high level in English
- Commitment to liberal arts education
- University-level teaching experience
- Scholarly achievement, evidenced in conference presentations and peer-reviewed publications
- Familiarity with econometric software (OxMetrics, Stata, EViews, SPSS, etc.)
- Experience living/working in Japan and familiarity with Japanese culture
- Experience working in multi-cultural/multi-ethnic environments
- Teach undergraduate courses in the areas indicated above. Specific teaching assignments will be determined in consultation with the program supervisor and in consideration of the successful candidates’ specific areas of expertise.
- Advise individual undergraduate students
- Engage in scholarly activities leading to presentation/publication
- Contribute service to the university/program/community
- Collaborate with faculty and staff on program development
The initial appointment is based on a three-year, fixed-term contract. The contract is renewable up to two times, and tenure is possible. Salary is competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Generous benefits include a partial housing allowance, health insurance, and a research fund allowance.
To be considered for the position, please complete the online application form and upload the following documents through the URL below
- Letter of application
- Curriculum Vitae
- PDF copies of up to three recent publications
- Statements of
- Teaching philosophy/teaching interests
- Research interests
- Syllabi for two courses that you do or could teach in the areas indicated in the list above
- Names and email contact information for three current references.
AIU Jobs and Vacancies: http://web.aiu.ac.jp/en/about/jobs-and-vacancies/gb2017
Applicant screening begins on February 1, 2017, but applications will be accepted until the position has been filled. After initial screening, candidates may be contacted via Skype. Short-listed candidates will then be invited to AIU for an interview, a teaching demonstration, and a chance to see the campus and the community.
Documents submitted in support of your application will only be used for the purpose of making a selection decision. Unfortunately, we are unable to return documents submitted as part of this process.
GB Faculty Search Committee
c/o Division of Academic Human Resources
Akita International University
Yuwa, Akita-city 010-1292 Japan
TEL : +81-(0)18-886-5929
Share this job
Type / Role:
Asia & Middle East