Academic Learning Development Tutor
London School of Science and Technology (LSST)
|Salary:||£18,380 to £20,200 per annum,pro rata|
|Contract Type:||Contract / Temporary|
|Placed on:||11th November 2016|
|Closes:||11th January 2017|
LSST was founded in 2003, and to date has educated over 20,000 students from the UK/EU and internationally. LSST is one of the fastest growing institutes in the private sector with campuses in London, Luton and Birmingham, our courses are HNC/HND Business and Computing leading to top degrees accredited by University of West London
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Full-Time Academic Learning Development Tutor for Higher National Diploma in Business (Level 4-5), with experience of teaching and supporting students at Level 4/5 for an Edexcel qualification.
Working directly with students to promote their personal, academic and social development individually and as a group, enable them to take full advantage of the opportunities provided by the curriculum in its widest sense.
- In conjunction with other tutors/specialists, assist in the delivery of the Induction Programme.
- Liaising with academic departments, contribute to academic course development
- Cover academic staff absences:
- Deliver HND Business modules when called upon
- Provide tutoring and support to groups and individuals
- Maintain regular contact with every student
- Deal with student enquiries. Assist them with literature searches (using databases, printed resources and internet) and on research techniques and referencing methods
- Provide guidance and pastoral support. Monitor academic progress and encouraging good student discipline in the tutor group.
- Keep accurate records relating to duties, for example one-to-one reviews
- Support students in building up a comprehensive Personal Development Plan
- Disseminate careers information and refer students to the Careers Service as necessary
- Be alert to problems with individual academic progress, behaviour and absenteeism. Take initial proactive and reactive action as applicable, in line with College policies.
- Keep the Programme Leader / Lecturer up-to-date on such matters or those that affect the student body as a whole.
- Prepare, in consultation with colleagues, material for references, testimonials and reports
- Co-operating with the academic staff to ensure that course related literature in the library is both current and maintains relevance.
- Ensuring that the library is compliant with all copyright legislation. Ensure users are aware of the available resources … and the related legislation.
- Support students’ progression through LSST Connect.
- Degree or relevant professional qualification at graduate level
- Previous experience of working in UK higher education sector preferably in student support or academic department
- Previous teaching experience
- In depth knowledge of all HND Business modules
- Experience of working with mature students
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good command of MS Office
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential issues
- Ability to engage the interest and enthusiasm of students
- Ability to contribute to the administrative work of the College
- Ability and commitment to work as a member of a team
How to Apply: Please e-mail your covering letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application will be judged solely on the basis of how your skills and experience match the requirements of the post.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
Share this job
Type / Role:
Midlands of England