Sessional Vocational Lecturer - Catering - HMPYOI
Milton Keynes College
|Salary:||£23.06 per hour|
|Placed on:||18th November 2016|
|Closes:||7th December 2016|
Milton Keynes College are working in partnership with HMP Brinsford to put education at the heart of the prison system.
We are looking for experienced vocational lecturers to deliver Painting and Decorating, Carpentry or Catering to a diverse group of learners within the prison. As part of our offender learning team you will help to develop a strong vocational programme (in your subject area) that meets the needs of the learners, prison and Milton Keynes College.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated education professional to deliver high learner success, through effective teaching and delivery in Painting and Decorating, Carpentry or Catering. This vacancy would suit a highly motivated vocational teacher, with a can do approach to education. The ideal candidate will be a passionate and creative lecturer, who can thrive upon working within a challenging yet rewarding environment, who can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses.
HMP YOI Brinsford is a Category C adult male prison as well as a young adult’s institute. The Education Department works closely with prison colleagues to deliver relevant courses from Entry Level to Level 2 that help prepare learners for employment upon release.
As a successful candidate you will have:
- Hold a vocational qualification (level 3 or above) in Painting and Decorating, Carpentry or Catering.
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in a vocational subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Hours: Variable hours (determined by education manager)
Share this job
Type / Role:
South East England