Assessor/Trainer - Agricultural Engineering
Sparsholt College, Hampshire
|Salary:||£23,187 to £24,599 per annum, pro-rata|
|Placed on:||28th November 2016|
|Closes:||12th December 2016|
£23,187 - £24,599 pro rata
14.8 hours a week
Are you passionate about the training of the next generation of agricultural/land based engineers? If so, we are interested in recruiting part time assessors to assess our growing Land Based Engineering Apprenticeship.
The hours will be on a flexible arrangement, assessing apprentices for their qualification in the workplace. Our current need is 2 days per week.
The successful applicant will possess an Assessor qualification or be willing to attain. Full training will be given. Have demonstrable experience of working in the agricultural/land based engineering trade. The hours of work will be agreed at the beginning of each term. There is access to the use of college vehicles but having your own transport is essential for which mileage will be paid. This post is based at the Sparsholt campus
Ideal requirements for the post are as follows: -
2. A good knowledge of Land based engineering and machinery.
3. Current experience in land-based engineering and machinery.
4. Ability to plan training programmes (each apprentice follows slightly different Units and employers can provide different experiences).
5. Ability to assess to the required standards and provide guidance if the evidence is not to the standard
6. Ability to complete documentation accurately and in a timely fashion.
7. Ability to monitor apprentice's progress
8. Ability to work with apprentices and be able to encourage ensure they complete work.
9. Ability to work / liaise with employers
10.prevoius teaching experience would be an advantage but not essential.
Closing Date: 12 December 2016
• Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death benefit grant of 3 X salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on- site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 42 days plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part-time staff)
• Child Care Vouchers
• Access to an Employee Assistance Scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per year)
• Free gym classes
• You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey
• Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
• Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications.
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
Share this job
Type / Role:
South East England