Senior Business Relationship Manager
University of Reading - Business Incubation and Knowledge Transfer
|Salary:||£39,324 to £48,327 per annum|
|Placed on:||28th November 2016|
|Closes:||2nd January 2017|
|★ View Employer Profile|
A fantastic opportunity to join the fast growing Knowledge Transfer Centre (KTC).
The KTC is a highly successful centre with a focus on exceptional levels of service. We establish and manage collaborations with companies and other external partners on behalf of the University of Reading, working closely with academic partners to support a variety of income generating initiatives. Due to our ongoing success, the KTC is now expanding and there is an exciting opportunity to join the team in this new senior role.
Within the KTC, a team of Business Relationship Managers manage a portfolio of relationships and develop new collaborations that expand and diversify the economic and societal impact of our research. In addition to managing your own portfolio, the Senior Business Relationship Manager will be responsible for the direct line-management and performance of the BRM team. This will include overseeing activity to ensure business engagement targets are achieved and service levels maintained.
- Manage the activities and performance of Business Relationship Managers.
- Ensure pipeline of potential collaborations is maintained; identify and scope projects and funding applications; and manage the development of longer term partnerships.
- Provide exceptional levels of service.
- Actively support the University engagement and impact agendas.
- Manage the generation, development and preparation of successful funding applications, including Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) proposals.
- Manage project engagement, leading teams through challenges and act as the expert adviser within the relationship.
- Actively develop and maintain relationships with academics.
- Maintain a clear understanding of the current funding landscape for collaborative projects, with a focus on Innovate UK funding for industry led projects.
- Support University initiatives to enhance knowledge exchange and business engagement opportunities.
Informal contact details
Contact role: Head of Knowledge Transfer Centre
Contact name: Susan Matos
Contact phone: 0118 378 6143
Contact email: email@example.com
Alternative informal contact details
Contact role: Director of Business Incubation and Knowledge Transfer
Contact name: David Gillham
Contact phone: 0118 378 8978
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and we welcome applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements which will be considered in line with business needs.
Share this job
Type / Role: