Tutor in Nursing
Swansea University - College of Human and Health Sciences, Department of Nursing
|Salary:||£28,452 to £32,004 per annum (dependent on experience) together with USS pension benefits|
|Placed on:||1st December 2016|
|Closes:||12th January 2017|
The appointment of the Tutor in Nursing is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic qualified and current practising Nurse with a clear passion for educating the next generation of health care professionals to make significant contribution to the College and the student experience.
The main focus of this role will be the imparting of knowledge, skills and experience to the student via formal and informal teaching sessions as well as supervision as and when required.
Applicants must possess a first degree and must have current registration with the NMC that allows them to practice as a nurse in the UK. Applicants must have a clear ability to teach and supervise students successfully.
Developing and carrying out teaching and will be responsible for basic assessment of students:
- To carry out teaching, with assistance and support, within a clear and established programme
- Todevelop own teaching materials, with assistance and support
- To teach a range of essential skills in practice learning suites and other environments
- To develop skills in the use of Simulation and the filming of assessments
- To provide personal tutor support to undergraduate nursing students
- To contribute to the assessment (formative and summative) of undergraduate students
- To act as a link lecturer
Informal enquiries are welcome and should be directed to Dr Jayne Cutter, Head of Department of Nursing at email@example.com
This post will close at midnight on 12th January 2017.
Applicants will find full job details together with the online application link: http://www.swansea.ac.uk/personnel/jobs/details.php?nPostingID=4040&nPostingTargetID=6846&option=52&sort=DESC&respnr=1&ID=QHUFK026203F3VBQB7VLO8NXD&LOV4=7813&JOBADLG=UK&Resultsperpage=20&lg=UK&mask=suext
The University is committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity in all of its practices and activities. We aim to establish an inclusive environment and particularly welcome applications from diverse backgrounds.
Swansea University is a registered charity. No. 1138342.
Share this job
Type / Role: