Research Assistant "International Cooperation and Development"
£2,774.11 to £4,694.65 converted salary* per month
|Placed on:||30th March 2017|
|Closes:||23rd April 2017|
The Institute of Development Policy and Management (IOB) is a multidisciplinary Institute involved in the triple function of academic teaching, scientific research and service to the community in the area of economic, political and social aspects of development policy and management. More information on the Institute and its activities can be found on the website www.uantwerpen.be/iob.
The Institute is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy for an academic assistant “International Cooperation and Development”
- Your research and teaching assistance is situated in the field of development processes, actors and policies. Your research focus matches the research line "Conditional Finance for Development” at the international level, in particular actors and processes of governmental and / or non-governmental development aid. (Proven) Interest in 'emerging donors' and / or 'climate finance' is particularly welcome.
- You prepare a doctoral thesis in this domain and you compete to obtaining externally funded research grants;
- You focus on comparative international research with special attention to the Great Lakes Region;
- You assist in teaching assignments within the framework of the Master programs of IOB, including quantitative and / or qualitative research methods;
- Your research has a multidisciplinary character and uses a combination of quantitative and qualitative methods;
- Your work includes activities of societal outreach.
- You support the network of contacts between development actors at the international level, in the South and at IOB;
- You are a team player and you are willing to contribute to the service delivery to IOB, to the University of Antwerp and the wider society.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a Master degree in development studies or in related social science disciplines.
- Your work is preferably interdisciplinary in nature and preferably engages with a mixture of methodological approaches.
- You obtained outstanding academic results;
- You preferably have experience with development processes in the South and with multidisciplinary research as well as a combination of quantitative and qualitative research methods;
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the educational vision of the university;
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy;
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative;
- You are fluent in English and French. Knowledge of other relevant languages is a plus.
- an appointment as an academic assistant for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal twice for a further two-year period after positive evaluation;
- the date of appointment will be 1 September 2017;
- a full time gross monthly salary ranging from € 3.208,55 to € 5.429,85;
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online until the closing date 23th April 2017.
- The application must be completed with a proposal for PhD (appr. 1000 words) and an argument (appr. 500 words) how this proposal can strengthen the profile of the research line and of IOB profile in general. This document must be submitted in English.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact prof. dr. Nathalie Holvoet (Tel. +32 (0)3 265 56 53).
Share this job
Type / Role: