|Salary:||£35,210 to £39,610 Per annum|
|Placed On:||15th May 2019|
|Closes:||13th June 2019|
To undertake high-quality research, actively contribute to teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, and to undertake administration as required by the Head of School. We invite applications from candidates with expertise in all areas of Intellectual Property Law.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop and maintain individual/joint research projects in the area of Intellectual Property Law and related subject areas and, where appropriate, to secure external funding required to support research.
2. Contribute fully to developing and enhancing the research profile of the subject area including establishing a track record of high quality publications.
3. Attendance and participation in appropriate research seminars/conferences relevant to research and teaching.
4. Responsible for the supervision and training of postgraduate research students to ensure their effective development.
5. Contribute to the planning, organisation and delivery of teaching activities in accordance with School undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
6. Supervise individual student projects and assist with difficulties e.g. learning support/problems.
7. Contribute to the ongoing development and design of the curriculum, in a manner that supports a research–led approach to student learning.
8. Assess (using a variety of methods and techniques) assignments and exam papers and provide effective, timely and appropriate feedback to students to support their learning.
9. Engage in professional development as appropriate.
10. Undertake administrative activities as required by the Head of School.
The salary will be on the Research and Teaching Grade 7, £35,210 - £39,610 per annum.
This post is full time and is fixed term for 2 years.
The successful applicant will be eligible to join the Universities' Superannuation Scheme. Further information regarding the scheme is available from the Superannuation Officer, who is also prepared to advise on questions relating to the transfer of Superannuation benefits.
Type / Role: